Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2015, 22:47   #16
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now skippering Syd Harbour charters
Re: wanting to buy a Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3 View Post
Just curious, if I'm not intrusive, could you tell me where was mooring the one you bought and if it was a charter unit or not ?
Porto Rotondo, Sardinia, ITALY ...and it was NOT a charter vessel

D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 00:16   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&D View Post
Porto Rotondo, Sardinia, ITALY ...and it was NOT a charter vessel

Lol probably I know which one is!! I spend the summer there, and I saw in 2012 summer at Porto Rotondo Marina a Lagoon 440 with an old guy abroad, probably was that one!!

thanks for sharing sorry for asking I was just curious
james3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 15:54   #18
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3 View Post
I saw in 2012 summer at Porto Rotondo Marina a Lagoon 440 with an old guy abroad, probably was that one!!
Nope...ours left Porto Rotondo (on her way Down Under!) in Feb 2011...
Old 02-12-2015, 12:13   #19

Boat: Lagoon 440 no.285

Well chaps it looks like I am very close in becoming a proud owner of a Lagoon 440!! have paid deposit today. Had the Boat surveyed and she passed with flying colours some cosmetic repairs on the hull which will be taken care tomorrow. So many thanks to all of you that have helped me in making up my mind.
Giannisailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 13:55   #20
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giannisailing View Post
Well chaps it looks like I am very close in becoming a proud owner of a Lagoon 440!! have paid deposit today. Had the Boat surveyed and she passed with flying colours some cosmetic repairs on the hull which will be taken care tomorrow. So many thanks to all of you that have helped me in making up my mind.
Well done!

If you're half as happy as we are, you'll be thrilled. The L440 is a brilliantly designed, very comfortable and very good sailing vessel.

Hull number? Home port?? Name???

Wishing you good health always and fair winds and following seas whenever you're a float...
Old 03-12-2015, 04:11   #21

Boat: Lagoon 440 no.285

Many thanks D&D,

hull number 285 port and name still not decided.
Giannisailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:56   #22

Boat: Lagoon 440 OV

Go for it great boats. We love ours which is a 2008 OV

Check the following: These are production boats aimed at the charter market so the build reflects this, not saying it is bad at all, just be mindful.

- Cleats need beefing up, take a look at what is holding them in place.
- Anchor roller may need beefing up as the rivets can fail
- Anchor windlass if original can be a weak point if the anchor has been enlarged
- Anchor, the original delta's are IMHO one size to small

- If 2006 bear in mind that lots of the stuff on the boat maybe coming to the end of its useful life.

- The main sail (10 years on these is probably about your lot, maybe a bit more if it has been lightly used and kept out of the UV in a bag) Ours is pretty shot
- Headsail, see above
- Sail Drive Seals, if these have not been changed then factor this into your costs, at 10 years they need doing and it is a big job

There will be loads more stuff that needs doing, it is a boat after all.

The only thing I really do not like on the 440 is the davits set up, for long distance it is rubbish, way to low and at a very odd angle that leads to dinghy rubbing.

Would we change ours - NO WAY - best value cruising cat in the market. And the abundance of them all round the world makes getting spares that little bit easier.

Enjoy
Old 03-12-2015, 04:58   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giannisailing View Post
Just saw this - nice one. They are great boats.

We have been in some nasty weather and the boat has always felt bullet proof.

Safe sailing
Old 03-12-2015, 15:25   #24
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Drifters View Post
Go for it great boats. We love ours which is a 2008 OV

Check the following: These are production boats aimed at the charter market so the build reflects this, not saying it is bad at all, just be mindful.

- Cleats need beefing up, take a look at what is holding them in place.
- Anchor roller may need beefing up as the rivets can fail
- Anchor windlass if original can be a weak point if the anchor has been enlarged
- Anchor, the original delta's are IMHO one size to small

- If 2006 bear in mind that lots of the stuff on the boat maybe coming to the end of its useful life.

- The main sail (10 years on these is probably about your lot, maybe a bit more if it has been lightly used and kept out of the UV in a bag) Ours is pretty shot
- Headsail, see above
- Sail Drive Seals, if these have not been changed then factor this into your costs, at 10 years they need doing and it is a big job

There will be loads more stuff that needs doing, it is a boat after all.

The only thing I really do not like on the 440 is the davits set up, for long distance it is rubbish, way to low and at a very odd angle that leads to dinghy rubbing.

Would we change ours - NO WAY - best value cruising cat in the market. And the abundance of them all round the world makes getting spares that little bit easier.

Enjoy
All good comments, but our L440 (Hull #406, launched 2010) suggests Lagoon was picking up at least some of these issues as the production line ran along...not surprising really as that is exactly what their contracts say they are doing, all the time. Anyway, an example is the factory-installed ground tackle arrangements where ours is an over-sized Lewmar Delta anchor with 12mm chain through a 1600W Quick windlass to a heavy duty bow roller, all of which served (and continue to serve) us very well indeed over 20,000+nm with no problems.

We replaced the mainsail, but the original headsail is still there albeit the latter will probably need to be replaced in the next year or so.

We replaced the windlass also but that was really due to some earlier owner abuse and our replacement was the same unit...with a chain counter added.

B----y terrific vessels, perfect for us...and we hope for Giannisailing too!
Old 01-04-2016, 23:17   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdig View Post
I can send you lots of paperwork on a 440 if you like,
Ours is a 2005, still amazing but not for sale.
Message me your email and i will send you what i have.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Hi Dirk
i just bought a lagoon 440, if you still have lots of paperwork and information of the lagoon it would be great if you can send it per e-mail to me as well.i have to install a watermaker, generator , big inverter, electric toilets and so on.hard to find information how and where to do it.
cheers
Markus
Bohemian Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 23:48   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohemian Marine View Post
Hi Dirk
i just bought a lagoon 440, if you still have lots of paperwork and information of the lagoon it would be great if you can send it per e-mail to me as well.i have to install a watermaker, generator , big inverter, electric toilets and so on.hard to find information how and where to do it.
cheers
Markus
By how and where do you mean location on the boat?
Old 03-04-2016, 03:30   #27

Hi
i just donwloaded the manual of the lagoon and found some pics of other boats where they place the watermaker
.the boat wil arrive at my place in a few days.im sure i got more questions them. cheers
Bohemian Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 21:54   #28

Water maker is now under the bed Port Forward. It was in the front locker by the seating area. This was a bad place for it as it would get wet.

Genny is in the large lifting locker in outside seating dining area.
Two Drifters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:19   #29
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Wanting To Buy A Lagoon 440

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Markus.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, Lagoon 440