Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 16:48   #1

Boat: currently boatless
Photos of upgrades for Sunshine

Hopefully I have finally got this right

Viewing panel above helm. Clear and material covers. Can be fully opened on a sunny day.

New extended covers and rear shades. We also have side shades

View of upgrade from above

Sunshine under sail crossing the Whitsunday Passage.

ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 17:10   #2

Boat: Bristol 35
Re: Photos of upgrades for Sunshine

nice! more pics please
biker6977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 17:43   #3

Boat: Fortuna Island Spirit 40

Yes Please... This is a boat on the top of my list and I would love to see more pics of all parts of your boat...

Love what you have done so far..
travellerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:15   #4

Boat: currently boatless

Hi traveller,
many thanks for the kind words. We bought an ex four cabin cat. The wife and I would have loved the owners version but sometimes the opportunity of a lifetime comes along and you have to make some compromises. Rather than miss out on owning a Lagoon at a substantially discounted price here in Australia we traded off the price for the four cabins and ensuites. So far it just has not been an issue. We only sleep there and by far our main use is the Saloon and cockpit. As such these are our main priorities in fitting out the boat for our use. We could have waited another five years or longer to go for an owners version but they are very rare here in Australia with premium price attached.
Instead of waiting for our dream boat we are out there doing what we always dreamed of..
Turning a ex charter boat into our personal boat has been interesting. In some of the marinas we have been asked how our charter went - which was very nice of the people asking but its a downer for us trying to make the boat look like its a cruising boat..
We have all but changed over every light to LED which has seen a significant reduction in our power consumption. The only major power draw is not our fridge freezer and with close to 500 AH house battery capacity I am not really worried about that.
The chartplotter used to be at the NAV station but it was totally useless there when trying to navigate at the helm. I ended up moving the Raymarine chartplotter to the helm as it was more advantageous with all the other raymarine gear being located at the helm making it easier to marry all the gear together. I bought a Garmin Chartplotter for the nav station as I have a personal preference for Garmin and will connect it to a new Garmin DSC radio in the near future.
There are a multitude of smaller five minute jobs were have done which are just to numerous to mention but each one goes towards personalising our boat.
At the moment we could not be prouder Lagoon owners and have not regretted one minute in buying our ex charter boat. . Yes it can take some money and elbow grease but hey, what else are you going to do with your time.

Greg, Sue and Sea Dog
SV Sunshine
Cruising Whitsunday Islands Australia
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:22   #5

Boat: Fortuna Island Spirit 40

Than you for the detailed response..

We are actually looking at the same. An ex charter boat with 4 cabins. We have 3 kids so 4 cabins are important to us.

Around the Caribbean, there are quite a few 410s for sale. Unfortunately the shape of each varies wildly. Some charter companies take better care than others.

Anyway.. I appreciate the posts..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
travellerw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photo