Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2018, 18:30   #1

Boat: Lagoon 42
New lagoon 42 extras

Hi, has anyone had extras retrofitted in France?
The factory price for genset and aircon are crazy and am wondering if a retrofit is possible.
Thanks
Sander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 03:06   #2

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2
Re: New lagoon 42 extras

Hi Sanders

We have a 42 on order .. due for delivery in July.

The Lagoon options are very expensive. We only need a small generator ( 4kw )

We are buying it in the UK and having it fitted after delivery to Southampton.

The saving will be at least 30% !!
Haywoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 04:32   #3

Hi, thanks for replying. Indeed very very expensive!
Do you know if it is also possible to retrofit the air conditioning?
Is your genset for aircon or charging or are you using other appliances?
Tks
Old 15-10-2018, 09:48   #4

Hi again

We are basing our decisions on our own previous experiences. We have spent the last 3 years in the Greek islands on our Lagoon 380.... ( sold 2 weeks ago and missing her already !! )

Our new 42 is going to be light so no large generator or aircon for us. Temperatures in Greece average 35 degrees in summer and we are fine with that.

We want a generator which will run 2 hours a day when there is no sun. We will have 400 Watts of solar.. same as before.

The 4 kw generator will run a small portable AC unit if we really want one.

Notice you are doing the ARC next year... hope to see you there !! very exciting times ahead.
Old 15-10-2018, 10:07   #5

Hi, yes hopefully doing the ARC+ We are 2 families with 3 kids in total. It should be great. We are planning to pick up our lagoon on Sep 1st and then do some work on her there.
Old 16-10-2018, 09:27   #6

Hi there

We are due to pick our 42 up in Southampton in August 2019. She is then being used at the Southampton boat show .... we then leave for the Canaries at the end of September.

We are doing the ARC rather than the ARC+, but hopefully we will see you at some point.

We will also be ooking for crew for various parts of the voyage. We already have some names pencilled in but have not made final plans yet.
Old 17-10-2018, 07:35   #7

Boat: Hanse 348

Nextgen has a 5k generator at 200 lbs. 30A at 120V (I am in the US), and my 380 is wired for 30A anyway. It is 30 x 20 x 20" in soundproof case. I am looking at putting this in front of my water tanks. Each tank holds 75 G, which is about 500 lbs, so if I just filled that tank half way, load balance is the same.

Don't know what Lagoon is asking for a generator now, I know they are spec'ing 11kw at least. Know someone with a 42 that has an 8k and it runs all AC.

I was considering putting in 8kBTU which draws about 7A, so a 30A generator is fine. If I could find a 3kW one, I would be happy to do that. I don't need to run all AC at once. If you want to use the hair dryer, don't make coffee for those 5 minutes.
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 16:02   #8

Boat: Lagoon 450S
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai

Hey, doing as much as you’re comfortable with ex factory will save you a lot of money but will also give you the system you want rather than the only one on offer from Lagoon. Give my thread a read for more details.
Old 18-10-2018, 23:00   #9

I just received a quote from Robin Marine via our dealer in Barcelona and the price for genset, aircon and inverter retrofitted was 42,000 vs 45,000 factory prices. Very disappointed. Almost feels like they don’t want the job.
Old 19-10-2018, 13:12   #10

Boat: Lagoon 450S
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post
I just received a quote from Robin Marine via our dealer in Barcelona and the price for genset, aircon and inverter retrofitted was 42,000 vs 45,000 factory prices. Very disappointed. Almost feels like they don’t want the job.

They don’t!
Old 05-02-2019, 15:55   #11

Boat: Lagoon 42 42ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywoods View Post
Hi there

We are due to pick our 42 up in Southampton in August 2019. She is then being used at the Southampton boat show .... we then leave for the Canaries at the end of September.

We are doing the ARC rather than the ARC+, but hopefully we will see you at some point.

We will also be ooking for crew for various parts of the voyage. We already have some names pencilled in but have not made final plans yet.

Hi there. I thought to come and say hi to you. It's brilliant that you are picking up your L42 soon. We are also picking up our Lagoon 42 in August/mid September but from Les Sables instead of Southampton, and maybe will be taking her to Southampton to load up. We have also signed up for ARC (not ARC+), so might see you there.
Tony & Lana (S/Y Orion)
Lanaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:55   #12

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

We plan the crossing next year too, but very likely after the ARC, we do not like a fixed departure day.

But we will be probably around in the Canaries and drop by to peek at the ARC crowd and see what's going on there, while slowly preparing ourselves and the boat for setting sails.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:49   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanaton View Post
Hi there. I thought to come and say hi to you. It's brilliant that you are picking up your L42 soon. We are also picking up our Lagoon 42 in August/mid September but from Les Sables instead of Southampton, and maybe will be taking her to Southampton to load up. We have also signed up for ARC (not ARC+), so might see you there.
Tony & Lana (S/Y Orion)
Hi guys .. hope you are as excited as we are about your new boat !! "Kite Runner" is being supplied by Ancasta and will be on display at the Southampton boat show, after which we will be setting off for the Canaries. We are also on the main ARC event so I'm sure we will see you. Where abouts do you Live? Paul & Tracey

Tags
lagoon