Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2017, 05:26   #46

Boat: Lagoon 450
Re: Lagoon 450F - Refit for a Cruising Boat

Looks amazing Mark - thank you for sharing.

I hope that we'll also soon have the opportunity to make some of these modifications.

Please could you share further detail regarding the nylon blocks you inserted into the channel to stop the anchor chain slamming. We fitted a rubber matting to the gutter which means it slams less than when it was fibreglass, but the blocks look like an excellent idea to stop the vertical movement of the chain.

It would also be appreciated if you could share PaulinOz and Emerald Seas drawings and details on how their main was rigged at the back.

In your research have you come across a way of extending the cockpit table? We find it a bit small for 8 people as not quite enough space for 2 at either head. We are thinking of replacing with a solid wood table that hinges in the middle so can be stored folded on top of itself when not in use (resulting in a narrower table than current) and then folds out when need more dining space, with the possibility of needing some additional support legs to account for the weight of the overhang.

Thanks again for posting your mods - stuck between green with envy and inspired to follow suit!
Millerslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 07:55   #47

Boat: Lagoon 450

As a new to me 450 owner I would also love to see/hear about the mods mentioned in the above post. Fantastic info here.
mr336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 13:15   #48

awesome, does anybody recommend another marina/yard with similar capabilities in the west med? or even florida/caribbean?
edhargre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 22:58   #49

Boat: Lagoon 450 F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millerslocal View Post
Looks amazing Mark - thank you for sharing.

I hope that we'll also soon have the opportunity to make some of these modifications.

Please could you share further detail regarding the nylon blocks you inserted into the channel to stop the anchor chain slamming. We fitted a rubber matting to the gutter which means it slams less than when it was fibreglass, but the blocks look like an excellent idea to stop the vertical movement of the chain.

It would also be appreciated if you could share PaulinOz and Emerald Seas drawings and details on how their main was rigged at the back.

In your research have you come across a way of extending the cockpit table? We find it a bit small for 8 people as not quite enough space for 2 at either head. We are thinking of replacing with a solid wood table that hinges in the middle so can be stored folded on top of itself when not in use (resulting in a narrower table than current) and then folds out when need more dining space, with the possibility of needing some additional support legs to account for the weight of the overhang.

Thanks again for posting your mods - stuck between green with envy and inspired to follow suit!
The Nylon blocks so far work well, though I'd like to shave a bit off them/make the channel deeper in the middle as they catch the edge of the chain a bit more than I'd like. I think the best option would actually be a couple of rollers, and I may look at that later as a future modification. That said, they do the job intended fine. The chain dosn't slap around and carry on cracking things anymore.

I'll check with Emerald sea if he minds sharing the drawing. PM me an email address please.

Regarding the cockpit table, no, havn't really looked at it. We want to make the tables smaller, not larger ! (at least int he Salon). Right now the large Salon table is in the cockpit, and the cockpit teak table is in the overhead.

Actually we have thought of an extension for the cockpit table, but it was to make a cutting out table for sewing, not to sit around, so would likley just be a sheet of ply with some legs.

I'll post some more on the mods shortly, now I'm back in decent internet coverage.
Catapault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2017, 11:12   #50

OWNERS BATHROOM MODS

Just realised I hadn't posted one of the most important mods we did to the Owners Ensuite.

1. Had a 220v power point fitted just in side the door, and moved the Light switches to next to the door frame, rather than under the vanity cupboard/behind the sink. Easier to get to at night, and charger for shaver etc.

2. Fitted an Automatic Shower drain to the shower. One of the things I disliked was the 15 second timer on that stupid button, so I asked the guys at the yard to see if they could extend its timer.

Instead, they fitted a shower Sump in line with the pump, with an integral floatswitch. Went in the Stbd Blige near the fwd water-tank.

Can now have a shower and it JUST DRAINS, without us having to press a damn thing. Pump cycles on and off itself. Button still works if need to override.

Have to say, its made having showers onboard bliss, and just like at home....

Regards

Mark.
Old 26-09-2017, 13:33   #51

Quote : "One of the things I disliked was the 15 second timer on that stupid button"

Other option is unplug 15 sec timer relay and plug in an adjustable relay under the vanity unit. Cost approx $70 time to install 20 seconds.

PaulinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2017, 20:08   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapault View Post
OWNERS BATHROOM MODS

Just realised I hadn't posted one of the most important mods we did to the Owners Ensuite.

1. Had a 220v power point fitted just in side the door, and moved the Light switches to next to the door frame, rather than under the vanity cupboard/behind the sink. Easier to get to at night, and charger for shaver etc.

2. Fitted an Automatic Shower drain to the shower. One of the things I disliked was the 15 second timer on that stupid button, so I asked the guys at the yard to see if they could extend its timer.

Instead, they fitted a shower Sump in line with the pump, with an integral floatswitch. Went in the Stbd Blige near the fwd water-tank.

Can now have a shower and it JUST DRAINS, without us having to press a damn thing. Pump cycles on and off itself. Button still works if need to override.

Have to say, its made having showers onboard bliss, and just like at home....

Regards

Mark.
Best of luck with your shower sump, Mark.

I've found them to be like the nursery rhyme about the little girl; "when she is nice, she's very very nice, but when she is bad, she is horrid ."

Clogging and float switch nonfunction due to hair is the main culptit, although we didn't rule out poltergeists or the presence of demons. We tried all the suggested cures, such as stocking nylon filters, etc but came to the conclusion that a grey water flapper valve pump on a manual switch was the "least unreliable " alternative.
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2017, 22:50   #53

Thanks Tuskie,

I agree it could be a problem, that is why the switch and pump are still connected. I'm going to replace the relay as Paul suggests also.

Really do like it, but will see how long it lasts...

Regards

Mark.
Old 30-09-2017, 22:56   #54

Boat: Lagoon 440

Mark, just reaching out to say hello. We are currently in Rhodos, getting ready to sail back to Simi. We winter in Marmaris and are essentially remodeling/refitting our 2010 Lagoon 440, planning on performing a cabin to office conversion as well. Would really like to stop in and see how your conversion is going.

Cheers
Jim & Caz
Deuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 13:26   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapault View Post
Thanks Tuskie,

I agree it could be a problem, that is why the switch and pump are still connected. I'm going to replace the relay as Paul suggests also.

Really do like it, but will see how long it lasts...

Regards

Mark.
This is the device with link to a UK supplier.

https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co....6/category/210

PaulinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 01:20   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulinOz View Post
Quote : "One of the things I disliked was the 15 second timer on that stupid button"

Other option is unplug 15 sec timer relay and plug in an adjustable relay under the vanity unit. Cost approx $70 time to install 20 seconds.
Ended up doing that too. But do like the auto-drain as well very much !
Old 17-04-2018, 01:40   #57

Solar Array finally went live today. (Had delay getting the panels, and a big delay over winter).

6 x Sunpower 360W X22 panels.
2 x Victron 150/100 MPPT Controllers
1 x Victron Quattro 5kw . (Install pending in next 2 days)
1 x Victron 712 Battery Monitor with 1000A Shunt
1 x Victron Colour GX display

Still running on Sealed batteries, will be looking at Lithium later in the year.

Pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180417_113105.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	399.4 KB
ID:	168258   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180417_113141.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	429.6 KB
ID:	168259  

Old 17-04-2018, 13:17   #58

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

wow, that is a great array...
congratulations!

I am working on my 400s2, ripped off the propane and wired the galley for 220V induction and convection oven, preparing my solar setup and antifouling.... hope to finish it before June...
Old 17-04-2018, 13:37   #59

Thanks,

Big test in the morning. Running down the batteries tonight to near 50%. Want to see how long it takes to charge them up in the morning, and if we get full power out of the Array (or something close to it).

Already demonstrated that we really need Lithium for their fast charge / discharge ability if nothing else. As well as overall capacity.

Still debating which ones to go with there, hoping to buy them later in the year.

System pretty much wired in preparation .

I'll take some photos of the install soon as the Quattro goes in. Its all under the bed in the Aft cabin.

We did discover Lagoon does some 'special' wiring in places with what they common up and where... Sparky installed a couple bus-bars to make that easier.

CatNewBee: My wife is keen to hear about how your induction setup goes. That has high appeal for her !.

Regards

Mark.
Old 18-04-2018, 04:14   #60

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

I tested all stuff with the 12/5000 inverter and the 1000Ah cells/bms at home for a week. It worked great. Now I have them on board, but on shorepower. I need to rip out the old batteries and install the LFP first, than the Victron and then change the 220v management as described earlier to leverage all available systems using the Victron transfer switch capabilities and power-assist with the 2000W Mastervolt MassSine.

The Galley got separate wires for the induction field and the oven with separate fuses in the main distribution.

Also working on the solar setup.

I will post more details after the system integration.

Tags
boat, cruising, lagoon, refit