I have taken delivery
of my Lagoon 400
S-2 around two weeks ago. She is berthed in the tropical waters of Singapore's One 15 Marina. I have taken her for three trial runs, in the tropical islands off Singapore's southern shores.
I am happy to meet and discuss this wonderful sailboat's pros and cons with all other similar model owners.
the S-2 is designed slightly different from the lagoon 400
. The furniture and fittings are all reorganised and apart from a 360 view from her galley
, owners suite is a total revamp.
I will list some of the pros and cons that I have experience with this ship so far.
deploy effortlessly. the jib
deploys in mere seconds. many times I have used the engine
in conjunction with the jib
- the yanmar
40bhp engines are so economical. I filled both tanks
full and have since gone three times to the southern islands and used almost 20 hours on each engine
. when I checked the fuel
indicators, I realised both remain full!!
- they have thought of everything! from the storage
spaces to secret hideout compartments, wow and I am still wow...
- I have ordered the solar
option and I find that the solar panels
even when I covered two panels
with a blanket, they remain charging
and supporting even my fridge and my 100l freezer
- my wife loves the design so much she wants this to be a home and become a liveaboard
- for a guy who is 1.86 cm tall, I have banged my head
more than 10 times in two weeks.
- her maximum speed I got from this girl is 8.2 knots on motor
engine while both engines are on and at 2500rpm.
- her bathroom pumps go like slurp slurp slurp each time I had to press a small black button to drain her shower water
. its so loud and I feel that the pump is going through so much strain.
- her white fiber glass gets dirty so easily that I have to clean her constantly.
- her ceiling portion that holds the speakers and lights fell off. I discovered that the only holding the ceiling to the roof is a wad of Velcro.
anyone else has good or the bad opinions including owners and fans or just members of the sailing community pls feel free to leave comments!