Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 05:10   #1

Boat: Lagoon 400 S-2 catamaran
Lagoon 400 S2

Hi fellers,

I have taken delivery of my Lagoon 400 S-2 around two weeks ago. She is berthed in the tropical waters of Singapore's One 15 Marina. I have taken her for three trial runs, in the tropical islands off Singapore's southern shores.

I am happy to meet and discuss this wonderful sailboat's pros and cons with all other similar model owners.

the S-2 is designed slightly different from the lagoon 400. The furniture and fittings are all reorganised and apart from a 360 view from her galley, owners suite is a total revamp.

I will list some of the pros and cons that I have experience with this ship so far.

Pros
- Sails deploy effortlessly. the jib deploys in mere seconds. many times I have used the engine in conjunction with the jib and motor sailed.

- the yanmar 40bhp engines are so economical. I filled both tanks full and have since gone three times to the southern islands and used almost 20 hours on each engine. when I checked the fuel indicators, I realised both remain full!!

- they have thought of everything! from the storage spaces to secret hideout compartments, wow and I am still wow...

- I have ordered the solar option and I find that the solar panels even when I covered two panels with a blanket, they remain charging and supporting even my fridge and my 100l freezer.

- my wife loves the design so much she wants this to be a home and become a liveaboard.

Cons

- for a guy who is 1.86 cm tall, I have banged my head more than 10 times in two weeks.

- her maximum speed I got from this girl is 8.2 knots on motor engine while both engines are on and at 2500rpm.

- her bathroom pumps go like slurp slurp slurp each time I had to press a small black button to drain her shower water. its so loud and I feel that the pump is going through so much strain.

- her white fiber glass gets dirty so easily that I have to clean her constantly.

- her ceiling portion that holds the speakers and lights fell off. I discovered that the only holding the ceiling to the roof is a wad of Velcro.

anyone else has good or the bad opinions including owners and fans or just members of the sailing community pls feel free to leave comments!
Erdnase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:59   #2
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: Lagoon 400 S2 called ALVINA@One15Marina

Congratulations on the new boat mate, on a few of your points...
20 hrs running the engines will use about 60 litres of fuel. work your remaining fuel calculations on that and not on the tank level indicator. Its most economical to run one engine when motoring, rather than 2. Also, its a new boat, new engines, read the manual and run the engines in as per the reccomendations. From memory they should be run at full revs, less 400RPM for the first 100hrs, occasionally running at full revs less 200RPM..check the manual !

8 knots is good...

you will get used to where to duck your head pretty soon, it takes a couple of weeks!
The shower pump is called a gulper, ie the gulp gulp sound, its a bit annoying but it doesn;t clog as easily as the other type. Some people replace the timer switch with on/off, but its more water economical to leave it as is.
the easiest way to keep the fibreglass clean is avoid bringing dirt on board. Remove shoes etc.
The velcro on the panels is actually hard plastic, check where they are located and push hard there, it should click back into place.
Enjoy sailing, lets see some pictures of the islands around Singapore !
monte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 400