Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 07:14   #1

Boat: Chiquita 46 - Libertalia
Arrow TRANSAT CANARIES TO BRAZIL JAN 2013

I am looking for crew to cross the Atlantic to Brazil this winter. Shared cost voyage. We are a young and mixed crew. Please get in touch via contact form on web site http://www.svlibertalia.com
Old 06-07-2012, 01:17   #2

Re: TRANSAT CANARIES TO BRAZIL JAN 2013

hey!
my name is giulio and i am an italian former navy rescue diver, i would like to join for the transat, could you please give me more details such as approx date of embarkment, type of boat, ttl num of crew, itinerary after calling brazil etc..?

tks,
giulio
Old 07-07-2012, 10:13   #3

Hi, I'm an experienced sailor (cruising and racing) and good all-rounder on board (fixing, steering, leading, maintenance, sails, cooking, joking, etc).

I'm interested in the trip to Brazil - but not flush with money. Can you indicate a budgetary amount for "shared cost voyage"?
Old 09-07-2012, 02:16   #4

Please send me a message via the website indicated. You will also find the info there.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:50   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to CharlesFCook

from the website:

Costs: We will be sharing food, diesel and harbour fees. Contribution of EUR 100 ppw towards operating costs.

Is that PLUS the 100 ppw?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:25   #6

I’m a 51 year old retired guy with 8 years US Navy experience- Boatswain’s Mate 2nd class (rank = to sergeant in army)- assault boat coxswain/ master helmsman/ master lookout/ master rigger (and instructor for each), I have circumnavigated the globe 5X for Uncle Sam. As a civilian, I drove an 88’ sailing ketch that I co-owned and operated for several years sailing from Maine to Alabama and back a half dozen times- coastal and ICW operations.
I understand radar and can navigate well with gps, loran, and if you have almanacs and sextant I can perform basic astral navigation (although I’m very rusty).
I am not a mechanic but can do almost all (standard) maintenance, a fair hand at short term fix for emergency electrical, and plumbing issues; I don’t mind getting my hands dirty. I am willing to work as crewman or as crew supervisor as you require. I work and play well with others.
I am bored being stuck on land- I’m feeling land locked. I would be willing to sail from anywhere to anywhere on any vessel safe to make the trip required if you cover round trip cost of transport and basic expenses. I am located near Boston.
I am retired due to a blown disk in my back so toting barges and lifting bails is a no-go, but I enjoy doing light maintenance and upkeep.
If given enough lead-time I may be able to help put together a crew for you. I also know several licensed captains (they would require the appropriate level of compensation).
Old 12-07-2012, 09:28   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesFCook View Post
from the website:

Costs: We will be sharing food, diesel and harbour fees. Contribution of EUR 100 ppw towards operating costs.

Is that PLUS the 100 ppw?
Yes, this is for maintenance expenses.

Everybody else - please email me via site

Tags
Brazil, Canaries