Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-12-2012, 04:58   #1

The ARC 2013

Hi everyone,

I would like to sail with the ARC this November 2013, but I don't want to use my veeeery old boat so I'm looking to either join a boat as crew or charter a boat and go with a crew which could include a few of you!

If any of you have a boat and are looking for an extra hand, I'm 27, female, I have sailed for many years, I work hard, I cook and I'm bilingual- being half Spanish half English.

If you are looking to join the ARC but haven't found a boat perhaps we could organize it ourselves?

Also, any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated. For example, I don't even know if it's possible to charter a boat to join the ARC...

Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks in advance, Thalassa
Old 30-12-2012, 05:04   #2
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: The ARC 2013

Hi... Happy New Year and as I've not said so yet...
Welcome to CF...
Why just the ARC... I'm sure there will be boats going across before and after..
Or is it the 'Social Experience' you crave...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 30-12-2012, 05:09   #3

Because it's the only date I can do! This year at least, I won't have time before then to cross the Atlantic :s
If I don't manage it in 2013 then there's always 2014 when hopefully I won't be so busy!
Of course, the social side is fun but I'm social without external help haha! Have you done it before?
Old 30-12-2012, 05:17   #4
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: The ARC 2013

I am pretty sure I have heard mention that some boats do go accross on the ARC with paying crew / passengers, whether or not it is officially called "chartering" as well as those doing similar simply for the extra hands onboard. No idea of names though - hopefully a thread bump or 2 will throw up a bit more info.

Certainly being willing to put hand in pocket (as you imply) will be a big help. If you want to charter own boat, I know someone with a 21 foot Corribee who might be willing to also act as Skipper, as long you cross his palm with enough beer.........
Old 30-12-2012, 05:19   #5
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Nope... never done the ARC... my 3 crossings have been the other way from the Caribbean/USA to Europe...
Less boring and more to see...

Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 30-12-2012, 05:21   #6
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
I am pretty sure I have heard mention that some boats do go accross on the ARC with paying crew / passengers, whether or not it is officially called "chartering" as well as those doing similar simply for the extra hands onboard. No idea of names though - hopefully a thread bump or 2 will throw up a bit more info.

Certainly being willing to put hand in pocket (as you imply) will be a big help. If you want to charter own boat, I know someone with a 21 foot Corribee who might be willing to also act as Skipper, as long you cross his palm with enough beer.........
Havana Club, Appletons or Mount Gay Rum DOJ...
Your making me sound cheap...

Old 30-12-2012, 05:23   #7

Thanks David, I think we've seen the same advertd and I don't mind paying but I feel that if I pay I will be like a guest and I want to sail 😊
I would prefer a couple of people looking for an extra sailor, not a commercial thing.
Ideally I want my own boat and to go with some friends.
Where is your friend's boat? I would be the skipper but he could come along hahah! 😉
Old 30-12-2012, 05:26   #8

David, just to clarify, when I say pay I mean a fee for the trip, not the food, marinas, extra costs etc. Of course I'm willing to pay for that
Old 30-12-2012, 05:27   #9
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalassa1985 View Post
Where is your friend's boat? I would be the skipper but he could come along hahah! ��
Cruisers & Sailing Forums - View Profile: boatman61

Old 06-05-2013, 11:04   #10

Boat: 470

Hi Thalassa! my name is Juan and i'm from Santander (north spain) Im a skipper and also a crew. I have sailed in optimist when i was young and laser radial,standard, 470, j80 and cruise. I have a lot of experience but not in ocean races. I want to do the ARC 2013. Decias que hablabas español jajaja. Me gustaria encontrar alguien de mi edad para realizar esta aventura y como tu dices yo tampoco quiero pagar para que me lleven, yo quiero hacer cosas, de tripulante, de patrón, etc. Tengo muchos amigos en las palmas de gran canaria y en tenerife que se dedican a la vela. Yo en Santander trabajo en el CEAR de vela Principe Felipe y aquí trato con muchos olimpicos, iker martinez, fernando echavarri (unos fuera de serie Te gustaría buscar barco junto conmigo?

un saludo! best regards!
Juan Capa Del Piñal
Old 07-05-2013, 17:24   #11

Boat: BAVARIA 45CRUISER

Hallo Lady sailor Please contact me as soon as possible...maybe send me a phone number? details to find you on facebook? I think we should to talk... Sunday im planing to sail away from norway to spain! over 2000NM Im planing to stay all sumer on Ibiza and around thinking about the ARC this year Where are you in spain now? if you want to do some sailing get in touch and jump on board) Tambien puedemos hablar epanol... no hablo perfecto pero ... puedo comunicarme bien soy residente de Ibiza, Me encanta viajar y conocer gente espero que hablamos pronto, saludos cordiales, Michael. Tambien puedes ver eso... http://www.facebook.com/DoldrumsDream
Old 30-07-2013, 12:56   #12

hi thalassa we are doing the arc. may need crew

Tags
arc