Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2013, 20:12   #1

Boat: Seeker 42
Send a message via Skype™ to Underdog
Sydney to Asia

Looking for crew for 42' steel ketch positioning to Thailand via Darwin. Planning to leave Sydney end March, Darwin mid August.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:15   #2

Re: Sydney to Asia

What are the conditions for joining your crew?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:26   #3

Sense of humour, non-smoker. Some experience would be nice, but not absolutely necessary, passport... Probably easier if you describe yourself to me. I can sort it from there.
Old 01-03-2013, 20:07   #4

Hello my name is Eric, and as long as you don't mind a large cache of tea aboard I am your man.

In the last few years I have been sailing the Andaman Sea on a wooden 27 ton 17 meter (56') gaffed rigged schooner SV Atlanta, working dive safari's and charters. Duties; helmsman, deckhand, watch duty, dinghy (taxi driver) and ship maintenance.

A 14.9 meter (49') wooden formosa ketch SV Enisfeld. Duties; helmsman, deckhand and watch duty

March 28 I will be skippering SV Sharatan 13.7 meter (45') Beneteau from Rebak Marina 6°17'45"N 99°41'53"E to Puteri Harbour Marina 1°25'3"N 103°39'28"E over a 7 day period. This leg is certain for now.
The owner wants to return a month later and this trip he wants to make over 8-10 weeks, and pass through the Eastern part of Indonesia. Over the top of Kalimantan, over the top of Sulawesi, over to Morotai, and down to Darwin through the Maluku’s. Tentatively I will be in Darwin sometime in July, this leg all depends on the owners schedule.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:01   #5

Hi there,
No experience, but am an extremely quick learner. I'm willing to put in whatever work needs to be done and I've got a great attitude and sense of humour. I can get alone with just about anyone and I'm looking for someone to give me my first sailing chance.
I know it sounds stupid but I've really always felt that sailing was something that lived inside me, that I was pre-destined for.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:00   #6

Hi I am in Sydney and interested in sailing to Darwin. I have recently completed Day Skipper qualification and also looking for extra sea miles for yachtmaster.
What is the estimated date of arrival in Darwin? regards N
Old 01-04-2013, 23:46   #7

swedish couple 23 and 28 yo, he is a carpenter who wants to learn how to sail, she has sailed over 1000 nm in australia and even more in europe. but we smoke... yep..outdoors only

Old 02-04-2013, 10:31   #8

Hey I'm Tim

I've been working on lifeboats in the north sea carrying out rescues and training crews but I'm now looking for a bit of adventure plus I have a ozzie visa ready to go :-)
Old 15-04-2013, 02:25   #9

Howdy there,

Listen I'm interested in your trip to Indonesia, I understand you the positions may already be filled. However on the chance that any of the crew falls through allow me to tell you a little bit about myself.

My name is Aaron I am 25 year old musician and luthier from the Southern Highlands NSW Australia. I have not long finished a double degree in Education/Design and Technology and I'm feeling pretty footloose. Hence the romantic idea of a world randonneur through Indonesia, South East Asia, India, the Middle East, Europe then onwards down through Africa sailing home from Cape town. I spent my childhood sailing hobie cats, and trailer sailors with my parents but thats about the extent of my experience, however I an able and willing learner and I'm should you'd find good use of my hands.

If you'd like more information or photo's you'll find me on dhupunuru@gmail.com(can't work out how to attach photo's on this forum)

Look forward to hearing from you, Kindest Regards.
Aaron Wales.
Old 15-04-2013, 13:06   #10

Gogodoll,

If only you didn't smoke...........
Old 15-04-2013, 16:20   #11

Dear Underdog,

I would sail with you from Sydney to Asia. I'm 28, male, drug/smoke/alcohol free.
I'm a blue-water sailor from california. Have sailed from Los Angeles all the way to Australia on 3 different yachts, plus have years of racing experience, do some sail-making and study celestial navigation.
Would be happy to contribute my time and energy to your passage.
I can cover my own costs and am finacially independent. Only issue is my visa expires July 23rd 2013, so the only way to get another one would be a stop over in PNG or if you were open to by-pass Darwin.
You can reach me by phone or e-mail.

Best

Mike catshadowzoo@yahoo.com (08) 94098696
Old 19-05-2013, 19:39   #12

Hi There,

My name is Diego, 34 years old

I find your add on google and I read everything very carefully and I thing I'm that guy that are you talking about :-)

I'm beginner sailer with some experience on board, (in Chile and NZ Bay of Island)

I have already finished the summer season here in Chile,where I was working in a TV reality show, I am planning to do a new trip, for my magazine and a documentary, I just want to have miles and be able to record (film) my journey to someday become a skipper….

....¿Where?...I don't know!!

I would like to find some sailboat that is sailing along Asia or Oceania and pacific islands

I can fly to any part of the world from after 20 of jul from New Zealand, I lived there for two year half.

I normally live in Sydney with my ex partner, she is skipper, I really want to get miles and I would love get one day the yachting master. My dream is to have my own sailing boat one day. I love diving and I'm a filmaker, i will jump in a sailing boat with my nice camera and pro set of lenses to film our trip. I'm a funny guy, hard worked and a dreamer,

I'll love improve considerately my sailing skills, changed my conception of travel abroad and so on my lifestyle, inseparable from the sea nowadays.

I am expecting your answer.

All the best
Diego
Old 20-05-2013, 03:24   #13

hi Underdog am interested have done delivery of 36ft north shore Syd to Hamo and Magnetic to Syd,
Where are you now? if interested let me know I am a 60y/o non smoker with a bit of time .
Rod 0414850604
Old 29-05-2013, 23:15   #14

Hey Underdog, If the crew position is still available from Darwin onwards I'm very interested in volunteering. I currently live in Darwin, am an Australian citizen and 23years old. Late last year I volunteered as a deck hand on a delivery (50ft gaff tiller sailboat) from Cairns to Darwin. Most of my duties involved deck work, cleaning, cooking and night watch. I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to be on the water and hope to gain more experience with sailing. I'm a non-smoker, easy going, enthusiastic and work hard. I have a StatDec reference from the last voyage and now have a r.o.p.e.s book.
If you're interested to talk about it more, I can be contacted via emily.v.nielsen@gmail.com.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Emily
Old 05-07-2013, 02:00   #15

Hi,

I'm actually in Darwin and I'm looking for a boat to sail to Asia to star my trip there. It can be any port in any country, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapure or Thailand.

I'm a journalist who is trying to become a writer and I already have some short stories of my four months travelling in Australia and I want to keep travelling and writing.

I took a course back in Argentina where I started sailing in a J24. In Australia I was sailing and racing at the Sandringham Yacht Club on different boats practically every week. I was sailing on a Elliott 15.50, a Beneteau First 30 and on a J24 of course.

I'm really interested in improving my sailing skills than being a simple passanger. I'll be really satisfied with that and of course I'll be up to do any job on board and share the expenses and more to pay you back for the opportunity. It's the least I can do.

My contact details are:

Phone: 0448668160
Email: agustindinca@yahoo.com.ar

Tags
Asia, sydney