Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2016, 18:12   #1

Boat: Wauquiez Amphitrite 43
St Pete to Bahamas surf trip

I am planning on leaving St Pete, FL around Feb 15-20. I want to head to the bahamas, probably Eleuthera. The plan is to surf as much as possible for a month. Then get the boat back in Tampa Bay area by april 15th. Looking for the right person/people to join me. I may have friends come and go for a week intermitantly as well. I am kind of picky about who I cruise and share my space with. We all know too many stories of unhappy crews. I'd say happy, mellow, and hard working is a good start. Plus a knowledgable boater/sailor. But, please not another know it all sailor, or surfer with an out of control ego. I've been a commercial fisherman for the better part of 18 years. To me, boats are work. And I expect my crew to do their share and more. Bring some skills to the table, and be ready to pitch in. Everybody helps in the galley. Looking for people in their late 20's to mid 40's. You can bring one short board. Have some travel money to share expenses and hit some bars/restuarants. Occasional marina slip. If you are in Fl, I'd like to meet you and go for a sail, get a beer. The boat is a 43' wauquiez. Solid, been working on it for the last 6 weeks. Trying to hurry along more critical projects and hit the road to enjoy it for a while before I head back to Alaska.

Tags
Bahamas