Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2015, 12:14   #1

Boat: F27 Trimaran
Send a message via Skype™ to BlackfishAl
Seeking Crewmember for the Florida Keys and Caribbean

Seeking an adventurous spirit who would enjoy exploring the islands and waters of the Caribbean this winter with me. The vessel we will be using is an F27 trimaran, a fast and smooth ocean racer- albeit with tight quarters but larger deck space. You can join me for one or more of the following options: 1) Cruise only the waters of the Florida Keys , 2) Cruise the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and/or 3) cruise around Cuba with a stop-over in Havana (or other Cuban port) before heading back to Florida.

I prefer to spend more time exploring islands and visiting with local people than just sailing. Flexibility to change course and being on a loose time schedule would be key for the person coming along .

Sail experience of some kind is essential, especially for the second and third legs when we head south from Florida. As a sail Instructor I would be willing to provide some instruction. I would expect you to share in domestic duties and costs. A sense of humour is high on my priorities .

Plans at present are to depart Victoria, BC Canada for Florida some time in early February, 2016. I expect we would cruise around Florida for 2-3 weeks in February to familiarize ourselves with the boat and with each other before departing for the Bahamas. Our cruise around the Bahamas and Cuba may take another 6 weeks. I would like to return to our home port of Miami by mid May so I can begin my return trip overland to Canada before June.

if interested., tell me more about yourself. To find out about me go to one of my sailing websites: Sailing Victoria & the Gulf Islands or tri@sailwithorcas.com
Cheers!
Al
Old 08-12-2015, 18:16   #2

Re: Seeking Crewmember for the Florida Keys and Caribbean

Hey I recently came back from a 2 month sail out of Florida to the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico and am very interested.

Can you tell me a little bit more about your typical day to day? How often do you plan on moving? Do you snorkel, fish, spear fish or lobster?

Can you also go over what domestic duties and costs we would be responsible for?

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2015, 13:35   #3

Boat: F27 Trimaran
Send a message via Skype™ to BlackfishAl

Sure can provide you with this info, but first I need to know something about yourself. Best to call me (will email you my tel).
Cheers
Blackfish Al
Old 10-12-2015, 04:25   #4

Hi,
I sent an email to you. I live in Puerto Rico and have some experience sailing in the Caribbean.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:46   #5

Hello,my name is Jim.i live in the Florida keys,about 30 miles from key west.i own a home here.its not a water view,but it's a little piece of paradise.have done many day sails and a month sail to the exhumas.boat was a 36 ft Columbia.i went with a friend that was rebuilding it for 15 years.turns out both he and the boat was not ready,ending in near disaster.i flew back via Georgetown.
I'm very organized,have a clean record(with the law).im very respectful,resourceful and passionate about the environment.any consideration on your part would be great,and maybe exchange phone numbers so we could get to know each other.
My email. Blackthreerip@rocketmail.com
Thanks
Old 10-12-2015, 17:07   #6

I haven't received your info, sending you a PM now, can you respond with your email and phone number. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackfishAl View Post
Sure can provide you with this info, but first I need to know something about yourself. Best to call me (will email you my tel).
Cheers
Blackfish Al
Old 12-12-2015, 14:22   #7

Boat: Mistral 21
pirate Re: Seeking Crewmember for the Florida Keys and Caribbean

Hey Al,
I seem to be quite late on this one but nevertheless, I am giving it a shot.
I am a 22 year old from Montreal and I do have some sailing experience. Growing up, my family and I actually drove our small Mistral T-21 down to Key Largo for a few Christmas.
I would be willing to do the whole trip but it is up to you, anything is fine really!
Let me know and we could set up a skype or phone call if you are interested!
Cheers,
Simon
Old 14-12-2015, 11:11   #8

Sent you a PM. Please reply.

Tags
Caribbean, crew, florida, florida keys, member, rib