Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2010, 15:36   #1

Sailing from NJ to Morehead City, NC

I am looking for someone to sail with me from NJ to Morehead City NC by going down the ICW. This is an unpaid position. The boat is a C&C 24' and it is a bit like camping on the water. I am not seasoned sailor. I would like to make the trip and do it without killing myself or my boat. It seems like it would be a lot more fun to sail the boat down than trailering it down to my hometown. Anyone interested?
Old 15-06-2010, 23:51   #2

What timeframe are you looking at?
Old 16-06-2010, 15:22   #3

I would like to leave around August 20, 2010.
Old 16-06-2010, 17:00   #4

Sailaway --

I am interested.

About me: I'm 23 years old, male. I do not have extensive sailing experience but have spent a significant amount of time in boats, both in the Great Lakes and the Gulf / Florida Keys. I have a solid understanding of navigation, GPS, VHF radio, charts, boat operations, mechanics, etc. I'm in shape, good attitude, and eager to learn as much as I can.

Did you just purchase this boat? How much time and experience do you have in it?

I am currently in Raleigh, North Carolina, so I could possibly meet you in Jersey, and then would only be a few hours away once it arrived in Morehead City.
Old 16-06-2010, 18:14   #5

My sailing experience is very limited. I am trying to learn this summer before attempting the sail to MHC NC. How long are you able to sail? This is going to be a trip that is a few weeks or more. At least that is what I have been advised by more experienced sailors. When you sailed on boats in Florida were you sailing? How much actual sailing time do you have? I was thinking of renting a car in MHC and driving to NJ to pick up boat.
Old 16-06-2010, 18:26   #6

Boat: Looking!
Hi I am 64 yr old retire with some sailing experience. Boat's small, how will it be equiped?? dinghy? Radios? Charts? emergancy equipment?
If we get together I'll be able to stay all the way to MHC. Where in NJ?
What condition is boat in? Feel free to email me directly at avoisine @ cox dot net

Al

Tags
Morehead City