Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2013, 00:36   #1

Boat: FP Lipari 40' Catamaran
Send a message via Skype™ to Toys_with_time
Sailing around Turkey / Aegean this summer

I have a 2011 model FP Lipari 41 catamaran currently based in Marmaris, SW Turkey and plan on sailng around the Turkish coast / Aegean sea area during summer 2013.

Looking for company from congenial, easy going persons or couples who would like to sail for a week to fortnight sometime during the summer between visits from my friends and relations.

No experience required and happy to teach you sailing and boat handling if you want or you can just come along for the lifestyle and the scenery.

Getting from wherever you are to / from the boat will be your responsibility and cost. Shared food / fuel / drinks cost when on board (budget for 50 euro / day).

I am an Australian male, relaxed, reasonable cook, experienced sailor and enjoy life and laughs. The boat is well equipped and very comfortable. Send me a PM if interested in learning more.
Old 06-04-2013, 15:18   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Ylevite
Re: Sailing around Turkey / Aegean this summer

Hi,

My name is Yaron I live in Israel and would be happy to join you this summer.

I am 42, extremely easy going, South African born and raised.
I work as a large scale show director, so for those quiet night on the hook I have many a hair raising show-biz tale to tell (my website: www.levite.co.il).

Experience: I have done one delivery (72 ft wooden schooner from Greence to Israel) and a bit of canal sailing. I sail hobies when i have the time. I am quite a good cook, very handy when it comes to fixing stuff.

I am available for up to 2 weeks, June and July.

Hope we get to sail together!

I can't pm you because I am a new member here.
Please PM me and I will reply with contact details.

Thanks
Old 15-04-2013, 05:28   #3

Ciao
I and my boyfriend would be very interested in joining you!
We are English and German and live in East Anglia and Italy.
We haven't done any sea/ocean sailing, but we own and sail a dinghy, so have some experience in how to handle a boat.
We have lived in remote places, so we know how to make (good) food out of bits and pieces that are left...
August would be the best time for us.
If you are interested, I'll write some more information...
Enjoy the sailing!
Marlene
Old 15-04-2013, 09:14   #4

Hello am very interested in being a crew member on your boat. I am 35 years and have many years experience in sailing and boating in general. I have always grown up being an a boat and am very versatile when it comes to repairs and problem solving.
Currently live in Florida and willing to travel.
I am a adventurous easy going personality that's energetic and doesn't smoke.
I look forward to hearing from u in the near future.
contact monty
truevibez@yahoo.com
Old 16-04-2013, 01:43   #5

Hi,
I'm a 34 year old sporty girl from Finland, Scandinavia. I've done a bit of sailing and can also navigate somewhat, but would still consider myself a novice in the field. I'd love to learn more about sailing and a laidback cruise around Turkey sounds just perfect.
The begining of August would be best for me. Please let me know if you have a chance to fit me in.

/Emmi
Old 16-04-2013, 21:52   #6

Talking Re: Sailing around Turkey / Aegean this summer

Male 53, leaving wife with her family, so I have some time in June, I live in Perth WA speak English/German. Was part of a delivery crew from Sydney to Adelaide on a cat, some mono hull coastal sailing. 20 years windsurfing, active kitesurfer(wave sailing).
Traveled around Marmaris land based 2 years ago. Fantastic area, would be super keen to explore the coast line.
Old 24-04-2013, 16:42   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to stxflyer

I am a retired U.S. businessman. I just completed the RYA Tidal Day Skipper Course and I would like to build experience and miles. Please send me more information on your schedule. I am currently traveling in Spain and will be heading to Greece soon.

Thanks.

Steve Madden

stxflyer@gmail.com
Old 12-05-2013, 14:25   #8

Hi, I am living in Costa Rica right now but am originally from Chicago. I used to be a flight attendant so I like traveling and experiencing new cultures. I am a bit of a free spirit because I am a graphic designer but just decided to pick up and move to Costa Rica last October. I am a very good cook and would love to join the crew!
Thanks,
Joellen
Old 20-05-2013, 07:17   #9

Hi, I'm early 50's, excellent health, with some dated bareboat experience in the Greek Islands. I'm a professional pilot who is thinking of purchasing a catamaran as a retirement project. Would love to spend a couple of weeks with you this season. I've lived several years in Europe but am currently based in Canada. My wife is French but will probably not be able to make this trip. Please let me know if you have room aboard for one more. Cheers, Mike.
Old 21-05-2013, 03:38   #10

Hi
We are two 50ish South African women who have done Competent Crew training in RSA and in Portugal but still need to learn a lot more. We will be in Turkey from 18 July. We are still putting together our plans but would be very keen to join you for a cruise in the weeks that follow. We have a good sense of fun and have lots of energy. Helping int he kitchen etc is obviously not an issue. Please please take us!
Leoni
Old 21-05-2013, 18:04   #11

Howdy fellow Ozzie,
Turkey is on the bucketlist, so yes please. can be flexible with dates. I am 53 yo male (with wife), I have my RYA yachtmster offshore ticket with a commercial endorsement. Sailed cats for many years on Qld Great Barrier Reef. Ex skiffie world champ. Decent honest, clean pleasant smelling, normal people. Non smokers, light ale only at days end. Healthy diet, positive attitude, go with the flow. We have 9yo son who would be part of the deal. Sporty, happy boy. Bucket loads of fun and laughs. Very accustom to boats. We are happy to occupy just one cabin. Prepared to do maintenance daily and cover your food and drink, fuel.
Old 15-06-2013, 14:55   #12

Hi, i am also toying with time. This time a full month in Greece in July with no particular plans so far. I used to be part owner of a Beneteau Oceanis 411 based in Greece, i am a RYA Coastal skipper tidal and have been sailing in Greece for the past many years...and miss it terribly. I am usually based in Denmark, speak a fair amount of languages, am a lousy cook (honest), enjoys a glass of wine and good company. Let me know your plans and if you are still looking for company sailing in Greece in July. Kind regards, Christina
Old 25-06-2013, 05:22   #13
Nuj

Hi,
My boyfriend and I live in Germany, planning our summer adventure. Sounds like your trip is pretty popular, but if you could fit us in we would love to join you. Easy going Australians in our mid-20s, with very little sailing experience, but are happy to work hard and are quick and keen learners (plus I am a chef). We are comfortable with climbing, and rope work (rockclimbers). We are reasonably fit and strong and love the sun and the sea! Enjoy conversations on all topics; love a beer or 3, chess, playing guitar, all adventures, swimming, learning, poker, reading. We are pretty relaxed and have lots of time for laughs. We have time to join you in August and September.
Old 25-06-2013, 06:18   #14

hi guys. Fantastic, sounds like you live a good life.
hey, we were trying to get onto a trip, gather you might be thinking we were doing it. I wish. All the best from fellow Aussies
Old 26-06-2013, 01:00   #15

Hi Toys with Time,

I am an Aussie female skipper from Adelaide via Sydney, have a Catalina 32.. have done quite a bit of cruising over the past few years.. Gulf, KI, Lincoln.

Always learning.. am easy going, fun loving person with a passion for travel and the sea.. certified diver, great cook, avid filmmaker/photographer & writer..

Also race on a Farr 42 from RSAYS..

Raced in Barcelona and Marseille a few years ago with an all aussie crew in the Classic Wooden Yacht Regatta's.. and did the the Port Lincoln Regatta this year..

Essentially though really luv cruising/travel..

Would love to do Turkey and Aegean this summer if you have a place for me..

My contact details are by email jacqproductions@netspace.net.au.. or mobile
+61419201745

Have only just joined this site today so yet to put up profile and pictures but will try to do tonight..

Kind Regards

Jacqui Law-Smith
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	906510_10151612898229236_875339941_o.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	63202   Click image for larger version

Name:	416981_10151295596319236_1269679216_n-1.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	63203