Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-01-2014, 23:20   #1

Boat: Mirage, Sportfish, 29'
Relief/Assist Capt. Available

I'm recently retired after 23 years in federal law enforcement preceded by 8 years in the US Navy as an Aircrewman. My girlfriend and I plan to purchase a motorsailer next year and head to the Caribbean to cruise and possibly do some charters as a Captain/Mate/Chef Team. In the mean time I would like to gain some experience and time at sea in order to upgrade my license, ideally through boat deliveries.

I currently hold a Masters 100 Ton Inland and STCW 95 Cert. I intend to get my GMDSS, Radar, and GROL this spring. I grew up on Key Biscayne and have been boating all my life. In the Navy I was an Aviation Electronics Technician, Electronic Warfare Operator and Radar Operator on EP-3E Orion Aircraft. I did a summer stint as a marine electronics installer for a major electronics vendor in South Florida while waiting for a background investigation for a US Gov. Law Enforcement position. I have some limited cruising experience (primarily in the Bahamas). I'm an experienced sport fisherman and have fished major marlin tournaments in Cabo San Lucas, Brazil, and South Africa. I'm an avid spearo and trained freediver. I was a wrestler in high school, 1999 Golden Gloves Champion in SE Texas, trained in Mixed Martial Arts and I'm a licensed Personal Protection Officer in Texas. I am very experienced in Executive Protection, Counter-Terrorism and a Trained Technical Surveillance Countermeasures Agent. I'm a non-smoker and light drinker. I currently live in Port Isabel TX. Some of you may be asking yourselves why I'm not doing the corporate security thing. The truth is I'm tired of suits and ties and I've had my fill of chasing bad guys at all hours of the day and night. I've traveled the world by plane and now I want to do it at sea level while I'm still spry. As I stated earlier I would like to gain experience and sea duty in boat deliveries but, I would also be open to more lengthy employment on a larger yacht cruising in warm waters (especially if my girlfriend could be included). Please don't hesitate to contact me. I can be ready to go in a moment's notice.
Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Steve