Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-09-2012, 21:26   #1

Nov/Dec - Flexible on Location

Hello,

As the title suggests, I am looking to crew on a sailboat November and December.

I am a 25 year old male currently living in San Francisco, CA. In a month, I am quitting my job to take some time to travel before starting graduate school in January. My goal is to spend the months of November and December fulfilling a long standing dream of crewing on a sailboat.

I am flexible on location (desired places include SE Asia, Caribbean, Mediterranean, Australia) and am looking for the right opportunity to have a great experience. As I have not yet booked airfare for my tip, I am willing to coordinate travel to the departure location.

I took a sailing course in college, which comprised of classroom courses and sails with a dedicated instructor. Additionally, I have done several (2 – 5) day sails in the Pudget Sound and San Francisco Bay. Although my sailing resume is a touch limited at the moment, I think I have a solid, basic knowledge of sailing that I would ideally pair with an experienced skipper to gain experience on the water. I am quick learner, a good cook, and ready to contribute to the responsibilities and experience of crewing on your boat.

If you have an opening on your boat, or know of someone who does, in the November/December time frame, please let me know!

JP