Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-01-2013, 11:42   #1

Boat: Cal-Jensen 34 w Yanmar 3
Send a message via Skype™ to sonAdmiralson
M/F Nassau Bahamas to Exumas, BVI etc soon

Roomy 34 foot sloop, captain needs combination deckhand, galley, pilot, for a month in the Bahamas. This will be a shared expense venture, perhaps only 250/month for food pp. I am a water sportsman and will be fishing and diving every day, but really need to take it easy and beach it also. About me, average sailor, very young 40s, attractive athletic single male from the NE US. My bar trolling and drinking days are over.I have traveled quite a bit in my life and had many sorts of jobs in many countries, I speak several languages. I am planning on sailing as far along the carribean chain as possible, then selling the boat in the BVI in june or so... The boat has a new yanmar, AC, big screen HDDVD, gas grill, two burner stove, refrigerator, sea kyaks, loads of fishing gear. I like to cook coconut rice and lobster. I am an above average swimmer, was a beach lifeguard. enjoy freediving. one set of scuba gear on board. This is a sturdy shallow draft vessel with a centerboard and I plan on visiting quiet lagoons and estuaries by kyak for adventure. Next stop Andros blue hole diving and deep sea fishing. The whole rear deck of the boat is open for multi use.
Old 23-01-2013, 15:05   #2

Re: M/F Nassau Bahamas to Exumas, BVI etc soon

There are lot of informationes, but may be I missed it, cause of my not very good english, when you plan to go there?
Old 24-01-2013, 07:56   #3

I am already in the Bahamas comfortably on board, I mean very soon, in the upcoming weeks.
Old 18-02-2013, 20:15   #4

Hi,

Sounds exiting to us!

Dutch, travel around the world couple (41 And 42) is looking for a sail opportunity for 3 weeks in the Caribbean, starting from Nassau.
We are travelling the world since September 2012 and at the end of June 2013 we have 3 to 4 weeks unplanned. We would love to sail these 3 weeks in the Caribbean.
What can we offer: we can cook, clean and are hard workers. Besides that we have slot of travel stories to tell. We have no sailing experience, but are willing to learn. We are easy going, relaxed people. We speak Dutch, English And German, and a little bit French. So if you are still there that time, would love to join you! can contact us on*robinenilonaopwereldreis at gmail.com.
Old 18-02-2013, 20:35   #5

Hi my name is Dillon Robbins I'm a 20 year old male from Maine. I grew up sailing a Luger 28 and sailed 420s and FJs on my high school team. Since then have been working at a sailing center doing maintenance and carpentry work. I have no blue water experience but my basic skills are very solid. What i can offer. I am a skilled handyman. Im very good at cooking for groups as i grew up in a large family. Im a hard worker and learn quickly. I grew up on the water so my interest also include diving and fishing as well as rock climbing and hiking. I also have fishing gear, scuba for one and enough climbing gear for two. I wish to join your crew anytime and am able to meet you anywhere. Thanks Dillon
Old 19-02-2013, 10:59   #6

I would like add that I will probably be chartering the boat PT in the upcoming months, so any crew would be paid an agreeable split. I have gotten absolutely deluged with charter emails. Personally, being familiar with much of the Caribbean, I would rather dive and fish in the Bahamas, however my visa is almost up, and I will be heading for the Turks soon. I cant deliver the boat to the BVI singlehanded.
Old 19-02-2013, 20:44   #7

I can be there immediately...please email vanssons@gmail.com
Thanks
Todd

Tags
Bahamas, exumas, nassau