Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2012, 11:43   #1

Arrow Long Island to Brunswick GA

Hi -

I have secured the delivery of a Privilege 37 catamaran, from somewhere in Long Island Sound to Brunswick GA.

Trip details:
1997 Privilege 37, recent survey, with heat!
Long Island Sound to Brunswick GA
Route uncertain, dependent upon weather. Could be straight shot, inside Hatteras, or inside most of the way. I expect a 10-16 day trip, including 2 prep days and 1 cleanup day.

Crew details:
Need 2-3 crew. must all be experienced offshore, must send resumes and references.
No per diem pay
Food paid - no crew contribution
Transportation to and from the boat are half (50%) paid

Captain details:
USCG Master, 100 Tons
professional sailboat captain
36 years experience, 50,000 miles
familiar with route and harbors along the way
easy going, personable

Dates uncertain right now - boat is getting surveyed the week of Feb 13, then will need a closing for transfer of ownership. After that the delivery can happen. Trying to get the departure date to be 2/25, but that could get pushed to 3/25.

Please send resumes, references, and contact info to
jim0123r AT gmail DOT com

Please be sure to specify dates of availability.
Old 16-02-2012, 07:52   #2

Re: Long Island to Brunswick GA

Change of terms:
Reasonable costs for your transportation to and from the boat will be 100% reimbursed by me -
Cap'n Jim
Old 16-02-2012, 12:36   #3

Boat: Tayana 37
Send a message via Yahoo to ughmo2000

Hi Captain,

If your still seeking crew I sail quite a few deliveries and have a bit of catamaran experience. I've all my own gear, stand my own watches, andhave sailed your route many times. Plus I'm cheap!

I can be contacted here or by my e-mail at cliffjcooper"at"gmail"dot"com

Looking forward to hearing from you Capt'n.

Cliff
Old 18-02-2012, 16:05   #4

Not sure when this trip will actually go off - depends on the current survey - but I am still taking requests to come along. Once again, no per diem, but food and reasonable airfares will be paid.

Route will depend on weather at the time of departure.

Experienced offshore sailors only, please - send experience and references to me at jim0123r*AT*gmail*DOT*com. Thank you.
Old 25-02-2012, 12:37   #5

Hello, my name is Jeffrey and I am not experienced in sailing. I am 33 years old, very healthy and fit. I learn quickly (especially when it is hands on). I am decently traveled and able to fit in different cultures. I will be in PA until March 18th and then I am free to sail until the end of June. j j m y l e s *at* l i v e *dot* c o m
Old 06-03-2012, 17:40   #6

This boat sale has still not closed. I will repost when things are clearer.
Old 06-03-2012, 18:07   #7

Hey looking to see if you need a deck hand? I'm 19 currently working in nyc modeling. I started sailing in north haven maine sailing 420's at a young age. since then I've briefly sailed with friends and what not. Im free for the next few months
Thanks thacher,
ps if you look me up, I'm on google. call my cell 914 589 6887 or email me back tdodge20 at student dot scad dot edu
Old 07-03-2012, 13:16   #8

I sent you a PM. please check it. I hope you get back to me

thank you
Old 13-03-2012, 20:51   #9

I am interested in getting some sailing time on a big cat. I have lots of blue water experience sailing an Iroquis 30' cat up and down the FL coast. I also have monohull experience. Last spring break I helped a coworker deliver his 41' Morgan monohull sailboat from Oriental, NC to St. Augustine, FL. I enjoy standing watches, especially at night. I can also navigate (with a GPS and paper chart) but chartplotters do make life easier. I am a decent cook as well. I am a teacher who has spring break off. I will be available for 7 to 8 days starting this Saturday. Let me know if you still need crew.

If we can't get the boat to its final destination in my timeframe, I have no problem grabbing a rental car and driving home to Jacksonville, FL. I would think a week would be enough time to get a big cat most of the way to GA after a week of steady sailing.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have my own personal EPIRB, safety harness, bibs, boots, foul weather gear, hand-held GPS, etc. Ready for cold weather sailing.

Itching to get out on the water.

You can e-mail me at
carlilljac@hotmail.com
Old 15-03-2012, 11:42   #10

Boat: Catalina 25 Tall Rig

Hey,
My name is Jack. I'm 20 years old and live in Statesboro, GA. Not far from Brunswick.
I just got home this past week from sailing Capetown, South Africa to Fortaleza, Brazil. Tons of bluewater miles, and race in regattas when I'm in the States. Looking to get into more deliveries. I'm not going to be in University classes for the rest of this semester so I'm free the whole way. I have my own gear and all that. I've been wanting to do some of the east coast and this looks like a good chance. Hard working and easy going.
Also, if you need more crew. I have other close friends (2) that are experienced sailors and eager to go. We all are from the same area, roughly, so transportation to the boat would be cheap. Could probably just take a bus. Transportation away from the boat would be near nothing as well.

shoot me an email at sailorasc(AT)aim(DOT)com
Cheers.
Old 18-03-2012, 20:40   #11

Boat: 2006 Beneteau "Tommy Bahama" 47.3

Hi there my name is alex. I am OUPV licensed and own my own boat a 06' Beneteau 47. I have sailed for 25 years on numerous boats of all shapes and sizes. I am after more seatime to upgrade my license. I just got back from a delivery of a hunter 43 from Ixtapa to la cruz Mx. I am interested in sailing the east coast vey much. I numerous references and would love to talk in person if you would like. my cell # is 30 997 5466.

Tags
Long Island