Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2012, 02:13   #1

I'm Your Next CREW Member - Available NOW!!!

Hey good people,

I have an incredible opportunity where i've got at least around a 6 week window without having to go back to work in 'corporate land'...that is, if I choose to even go back! ha! ;-) I really, REALLY need to get on a boat NOW down in the Caribbean for my SOUL.

I can and will chip in WHEREVER and WHENEVER needed! Cook, clean, stand watch, dive and cook for dinner...you name it! You will find that i'm a very responsible person...one who loves to have a good time, love adventure and traveling. I have a great attitude and can get along with anyone and simply love sharing the GOOD things in life with other GOOD PEOPLE! I do have some cruising experiences...US and BVI's ...38 ft Hunter most notably I suppose as it pertains to this trip, however there is always room to learn more about sailing and i'm eager to do just that as well! I love to learn! I'm a good navigator and pilot. I'm a well educated and a extremely quick learner ;-). I have been on the water and have owned boats my entire life. I love meeting new people and exploring this wondering world in which we live and I truly believe that one must not just Dream Your Dreams, but LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!

I can fly in and met you pretty much anywhere with my guitar in hand...and seriously, I've been ready to leave since last week!

** Please contact me ASAP for further information, etc.. here: brandon.viavant@gmail.com

p.s. i'm a 39 year old male and live in North Carolina.

~ Carpe Diem! ~
Old 15-02-2012, 08:41   #2

Re: I'm your next CREW Member - available NOW!!!

Brandon: got cha. sent e-mail to you already. Hope things work out for you. Sincerely Car Romer
Old 15-02-2012, 10:15   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to CharlesFCook

Hi Brandon,

Be careful!!!

My wife and I did this in 2001 and never went back. We went from way over paid “corporate lackeys” / “salary slaves in a cube farm” to poor sailors.

It could happen to you also…

Charlie
Old 15-02-2012, 20:28   #4

So, Charles...what you're saying is be careful what ya wish for..

Where are y'all at now?

Old 16-02-2012, 05:38   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to CharlesFCook
Re: I'm your next CREW Member - Available NOW!!!

We work mostly on Tall Ships. Friday I join the 125’ Schooner Liberty Clipper (LibertyFleet.com). The Liberty Clipper does 6 day Windjammer cruises in the Bahamas during the winter and Boston Harbor cruises in the summer.

Here is what we have been doing... http://charlescook.com/Resume/CookCh...tingResume.pdf

Charlie
Old 16-02-2012, 09:06   #6

Re: I'm Your Next CREW Member - Available NOW!!!

So Brandon, have you check your e-mail later? What Charlie is saying is true. Got other people waiting but I like your short profile. Answer please. Car
Old 16-02-2012, 17:27   #7

Boat: lagoon 450f
Re: I'm Your Next CREW Member - Available NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BViavant View Post
Hey good people,

I have an incredible opportunity where i've got at least around a 6 week window without having to go back to work in 'corporate land'...that is, if I choose to even go back! ha! ;-) I really, REALLY need to get on a boat NOW down in the Caribbean for my SOUL.

I can and will chip in WHEREVER and WHENEVER needed! Cook, clean, stand watch, dive and cook for dinner...you name it! You will find that i'm a very responsible person...one who loves to have a good time, love adventure and traveling. I have a great attitude and can get along with anyone and simply love sharing the GOOD things in life with other GOOD PEOPLE! I do have some cruising experiences...US and BVI's ...38 ft Hunter most notably I suppose as it pertains to this trip, however there is always room to learn more about sailing and i'm eager to do just that as well! I love to learn! I'm a good navigator and pilot. I'm a well educated and a extremely quick learner ;-). I have been on the water and have owned boats my entire life. I love meeting new people and exploring this wondering world in which we live and I truly believe that one must not just Dream Your Dreams, but LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!

I can fly in and met you pretty much anywhere with my guitar in hand...and seriously, I've been ready to leave since last week!

** Please contact me ASAP for further information, etc.. here: brandon.viavant@gmail.com

p.s. i'm a 39 year old male and live in North Carolina.

~ Carpe Diem! ~
Dear Brandon :
If interested I'm bringing a boat from lake charles ,La To fort lauderdale ,FL in the begining of march ,let me know and fair winds

Tags
crew, member