Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Crew Archives (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/)
-   -   Crew Available: I'm Your Next CREW Member - Available NOW!!! (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/im-your-next-crew-member-available-now-76810.html)

BViavant 15-02-2012 03:13

I'm Your Next CREW Member - Available NOW!!!

Hey good people,

I have an incredible opportunity where i've got at least around a 6 week window without having to go back to work in 'corporate land'...that is, if I choose to even go back! ha! ;-) I really, REALLY need to get on a boat NOW down in the Caribbean for my SOUL.

I can and will chip in WHEREVER and WHENEVER needed! Cook, clean, stand watch, dive and cook for dinner...you name it! You will find that i'm a very responsible person...one who loves to have a good time, love adventure and traveling. I have a great attitude and can get along with anyone and simply love sharing the GOOD things in life with other GOOD PEOPLE! I do have some cruising experiences...US and BVI's ...38 ft Hunter most notably I suppose as it pertains to this trip, however there is always room to learn more about sailing and i'm eager to do just that as well! I love to learn! I'm a good navigator and pilot. I'm a well educated and a extremely quick learner ;-). I have been on the water and have owned boats my entire life. I love meeting new people and exploring this wondering world in which we live and I truly believe that one must not just Dream Your Dreams, but LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!

I can fly in and met you pretty much anywhere with my guitar in hand...and seriously, I've been ready to leave since last week!

** Please contact me ASAP for further information, etc.. here: brandon.viavant@gmail.com

p.s. i'm a 39 year old male and live in North Carolina.

~ Carpe Diem! ~ :whistling:

car romer 15-02-2012 09:41

Re: I'm your next CREW Member - available NOW!!!

Brandon: got cha. sent e-mail to you already. Hope things work out for you. Sincerely Car Romer

CharlesFCook 15-02-2012 11:15

Hi Brandon,

Be careful!!!

My wife and I did this in 2001 and never went back. We went from way over paid “corporate lackeys” / “salary slaves in a cube farm” to poor sailors.

It could happen to you also…

Charlie

BViavant 15-02-2012 21:28

So, Charles...what you're saying is be careful what ya wish for.. :D

Where are y'all at now?

:whistling:

CharlesFCook 16-02-2012 06:38

Re: I'm your next CREW Member - Available NOW!!!

We work mostly on Tall Ships. Friday I join the 125’ Schooner Liberty Clipper (LibertyFleet.com). The Liberty Clipper does 6 day Windjammer cruises in the Bahamas during the winter and Boston Harbor cruises in the summer.

Here is what we have been doing... https://charlescook.com/Resume/CookCh...tingResume.pdf

Charlie

car romer 16-02-2012 10:06

Re: I'm Your Next CREW Member - Available NOW!!!

So Brandon, have you check your e-mail later? What Charlie is saying is true. Got other people waiting but I like your short profile. Answer please. Car

Popeye99 16-02-2012 18:27

Re: I'm Your Next CREW Member - Available NOW!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BViavant (Post 887685)
Hey good people,

I have an incredible opportunity where i've got at least around a 6 week window without having to go back to work in 'corporate land'...that is, if I choose to even go back! ha! ;-) I really, REALLY need to get on a boat NOW down in the Caribbean for my SOUL.

I can and will chip in WHEREVER and WHENEVER needed! Cook, clean, stand watch, dive and cook for dinner...you name it! You will find that i'm a very responsible person...one who loves to have a good time, love adventure and traveling. I have a great attitude and can get along with anyone and simply love sharing the GOOD things in life with other GOOD PEOPLE! I do have some cruising experiences...US and BVI's ...38 ft Hunter most notably I suppose as it pertains to this trip, however there is always room to learn more about sailing and i'm eager to do just that as well! I love to learn! I'm a good navigator and pilot. I'm a well educated and a extremely quick learner ;-). I have been on the water and have owned boats my entire life. I love meeting new people and exploring this wondering world in which we live and I truly believe that one must not just Dream Your Dreams, but LIVE YOUR DREAMS!!

I can fly in and met you pretty much anywhere with my guitar in hand...and seriously, I've been ready to leave since last week!

** Please contact me ASAP for further information, etc.. here: brandon.viavant@gmail.com

p.s. i'm a 39 year old male and live in North Carolina.

~ Carpe Diem! ~ :whistling:

Dear Brandon :
If interested I'm bringing a boat from lake charles ,La To fort lauderdale ,FL in the begining of march ,let me know and fair winds