Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-07-2013, 15:08   #16

Re: From long beach ca to Hawaii Honolulu

just stumbled upon this posting. hoping to get an update on your plans for leaving. is it still end of August/early Sept?

I'd be interested in crewing. Living in Seattle right now, but planning to goto Hawaii anyways, so no return ticket to the mainland needed. I've got some live aboard coastal sailing experience as of a few years ago. Would love to do a trip like this!
Old 13-07-2013, 21:09   #17

I'll bet this will be one of the most popular posts on this board. Just about everyone wants to make the Socal to Hawaii trip, and I do too! See my photo album and profile page on this site. I have a lot of stories about those boats, and have learned some valuable lessons to pass on. I'm local, Dana Point, so we could meet and make a sail or two first. I'm committed to some dates thru September 8, after which I'll be free.
Old 14-07-2013, 02:48   #18

I am interested in being a skipper. I currently liveaboard my boat in San Diego. I sail on the open waters often for hours at time and I don't get sea sick. I am available at anytime. Haynpunch@gmail.com
Old 30-07-2013, 11:11   #19

From the looks of things, it doesn't look like the boat gonna be ready this summer for the passage to Hawaii.... Maybe next summer or til I get another loan to finish her up.... Endless money pit, I'm better off booking a cruise ship
Old 30-07-2013, 11:27   #20

Thanks for getting back to us, but NOT a cruise ship, please!
Old 06-08-2013, 14:03   #21

Sounds awesome. I am a 19yr old with a basic Bareboat Cruising license. Looking to help aboard a sailboat for a few months.
Let me know if you need a skipper! Can be available on short-term notice.

Please email at ferrao.elizabeth@gmail.com.
-Elizabeth Ferrao
Old 11-08-2013, 20:02   #22

Hello, I have interest in being a deckhand. I am looking to add experience to my resume. I am a University of Washington graduate and have spent time on the water. I really enjoy nature, reading and would love to help out. Please email me at: ilovegenekelly@yahoo.com.

Thank you, Rose
Old 12-08-2013, 14:11   #23

Send a message via Skype™ to tbkahuna
pirate Re: From long beach ca to Hawaii Honolulu

Very interested. Sail in SF now, so easy to get to LA. Can serve in any capacity except captain (US sailing certified, but not captain). Easy going , hard worker , endurance athlete. bryanmacsail(at) gmail (dot) com
Old 13-08-2013, 11:29   #24

Boat: spirit 41 , 12.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai-tide View Post
I'm seeking a crew and skipper to help deliver this sailboat from long beach ca to Hawaii. I recently bought this sailboat and had been survey. The sailboat will be ready this July, current its getting remodel and upgrades. I'm from Honolulu Hawaii and like to take her home.

Info about myself I'm a Hawaiian native 32 years old married with 2 kids. Sailing experiences is very limited.

My offer is All provision will be provide, and return ticket back to the states.
I'm seeking 2-3 deckhands and 1 captain. I must have a captain. I'm looking for easy going people that can teach me things about sailing. I have spent over $100 thousand getting this sailboat blue water ready.

Info about my sailboat:

1984 48' ocean going ketch (sailboat) Bruce Roberts

120 gallons of water and 200 gallons of diesel. It has a Perkins 1200 amps hours battery bank. Solar panels and 2 wind turbines, new Riggs lines mass and paint top and bottom I have VHF radio, weatherfax, satelite phone, tv, internet and I have GPS systems navigation. I have a 40 GPH watermaker from ro cruiser and freezer, Garmin Ghp 20 autopilot, has RADAR. The boat has a 8 men life raft, systems are mainly brand new.
goodafternoon
my name is henk van dijk , dutch , speak 4 lenguages , professional captain up to 200 ton or 100 ft , at the moment in Mallorca spain , my email kapitan_quike@hotmail.es , hope to here from you
Old 25-08-2013, 10:45   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regain View Post
Hi I am Japanese keel boat sailor

I was crew member of Transpac 2013.

But I can not join team due to some trouble.

About 1000mile racing and boat deliver done last month.

I am no sea sick and hard for heavy weather sailing.

I was crew member of racing keel boat sailing with Australian pro team.

But now not so young

So so

I am doing marine business, I can help you if you can prepare air ticket Japan to Los Angels

Satoshi
Satoshi I will need a crew LA- Hawaii Nov 2013 would you be available?
e-mail me at kauai_420@yahoo.com
Old 25-08-2013, 16:52   #26

I would like to volunteer as crew for this voyage, I do not have extensive sailing skills, but have other valuable skills including EMT, cook, and hard labor.

I do not have experience sailing any boat larger than a catamaran, but learned about winds sailboarding and hang gliding. Most importantly however, I am a resourceful cook having learned to cook almost anything with limited resources and it usually turns out well (at least the bears liked it!) I learned that skill as part of my duties as a whitewater river guide on multi day trips. Could you let me know how I might formally apply for a spot? Could you also let me know an estimate of costs on board? Thank you, Robin
Old 28-08-2013, 12:04   #27

Boat: N/A

Best of luck on your boat repairs. I sail out of San Diego and Long Beach when I can, and would love to get my first transpac trip from the mainland to Hawaii.
Old 29-08-2013, 17:04   #28

We are two Canadian travellers staying in Santa Monica! This sounds like a fun trip that we would like to be apart of. We would like to help out with any deckahnd or cooking needed. We do not have sailing experience but have lots of experience on the water and some navigation skills. We are willing to work hard and are also easy going.
email quesnel321@hotmail.com and let us know, good luck with the boat, let us know if you need help prior to departure too, cheers.
Darren and Danielle
Old 30-08-2013, 03:34   #29

Nevermind! I just noticed you postponed the trip.
Old 04-09-2013, 17:51   #30

I am a 500T Master all oceans and might be able to help you out, Capt or Crew. I would be interested in learning more about the timing etc. My wife and have spent the last 10 years running large yachts all over the Americas. We have both recently left a job managing a large house and I was interested in something like this before I start a search for another job. My wife is already working, so I can take the time. I have no kids or obligations so let me know more.

Tags
hawaii, paracelle