Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2013, 04:14   #1
Marine Service Provider

French Polynesia to ummmmmmmmm?

Hi All,

I am looking for crew to sail from Tahiti to Tonga, Vanuatu and maybe Australia, departing around June (to be confirmed), 1 Month sailing if you are not crazy and help get the boat back in the water, more to be negotiated if we are enjoying the trip or i decide to go home (Melbourne).

I have a Beneteau 2006 oceanis 393 (very similar to windigo :0) that is fitted out for extended cruising with toys. It has a spare double cabin for the right person.

I am a 35 year old that loves adventure and will not sail past anything that looks like it needs further investigation. The last crew come for a ride and sailed with me for 8 months, they were awesome, i miss them!

You must love adventure on and below the water and land, and understand that hard work is needed to make this type of adventure a reality.

If your interested and can pay your own way then get in touch.

Daniel
Old 20-03-2013, 16:01   #2

Boat: 1985 Ericsson 30+
Re: French Polynesia to ummmmmmmmm?

hey there,
i'm interested in possibly joining your crew! i have 4 years of sailing experience on a C&C 33', and a couple months of mexico cruising experience. i've traveled all over the world by land with just a backpack or on a motorcycle and i'm game for just about any adventure that comes my way. i can pay my way, i'm good under pressure, i'm fun and easygoing, and i can make the time to do the trip. if i seem like a possible fit, send me an email to w.vonfricken (at) gmail dot calm and we can exchange more information.

cheers!
Old 20-03-2013, 21:25   #3

Daniel,
I am so interested in your voyage.
I must confess I do not have any idea, though I've tried, how to PM you
I do not feel comfortable putting it all out here for all to see, so please email me at vanssons@gmail.com for more info
Thanks
Todd
Old 28-03-2013, 08:25   #4

Hey Daniel,

I PMed you, but I thought I'd post this for quick and constant reference. Anyway, I'll be crewing to the Marquesas very shortly, and will probably be there for a time as I try to crew further to Tahiti. If I make it in June I'd love to meet for a beer or coffee or whatever your vice be, see if we get along well.

Take care

Chael
Old 25-04-2013, 22:33   #5

Boat: Seeking ...

Hi Daniel. I'm John and I'd like you to consider me for crew on your voyage.

I, too, love adventure and have traveled the world on a few occasions, stopping to live in India then in Japan.

Recently I have gained a particular interest in the Pacific. In 2011, I was diving and kayaking in Marovo Lagoon in the Solomon Islands. I was lucky enough to catch a ride with a single-hander on a trimaran. I ended up helping out as crew for 3 weeks on the boat. Pitched in as a reef lookout on the mast, with cooking, sailing, rowing ashore for fresh water, market shopping, etc. On kayak, then on the boat, it was really something unique and special to be around all those local dugout canoes and smiling faces.

I have more enthusiasm than experience in sailing, but I did do an ASA 101/103 (Basic Keelboat Sailing / Basic Coastal Cruising) course, grew up tearing around on small outboard runabouts, love boats and the sea, and the marine life (I'm a certified PADI Divemaster).

I could meet the boat in French Polynesia. Please let me know your comments. Thanks!
johnO
Old 30-04-2013, 05:05   #6

Boat: tayana 64

yes I interested - see my email....
Old 30-04-2013, 05:43   #7
Marine Service Provider

Hello Everyone,

Thankyou for the interest, I have one promising crew member at the moment, but neither of us has confirmed at this stage, and you never know what commitments may come up.

I have been focusing on projects at home, and have not dared to get distracted with the next leg of sailing, but I will reply by PM to every one that has sent me a message next week and will confirm crew at the end of May and plan for a departure of the 22nd of June (approximate)

Thanks again every one, and please don't hesitate to register you interest.

Daniel
Old 02-07-2013, 15:39   #8
Marine Service Provider

Bump! The trip is now becoming a reality! I am arriving at raiatea on the 10th July and hope to launch on the 15th with a warm up sail to bora bora. Final destination is going to be Gold Coast at this stage.

I have one crew member that cannot make the start but he will hopefully join up later, so I'm looking for someone who might be ready to depart around the 10th July.

Also where are the girls it seems only guys or couples do this type of trip?
Old 04-07-2013, 03:20   #9

Boat: any will do

girl present babe!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:52   #10

I might be interested in a couple of months sailing starting in Sept. If a possibility, let me know where you'll be.

About me:
I'm a fit 50 yr. old with limited sailing experience that includes bareboat (50ft Benneteau) in the BVI's, ownership and use of a 22ft drop-keel Santana on New England lake, ASA 104 certification (acquired in BVI's), and finally membership at local New England sailing club.

Very active lifestyle of surfing, snowboarding, swimming, running and cycling.
I also have scuba certification.

beckerand at yahoo dot com