Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-12-2011, 07:13   #1

Boat: 1965 Alberg 35 #190
Experienced Sailor available now in Dinner Key,Fl.

I came out, at my own expense, from my ranch in New Mexico, to sail this Winter. The 1st boat was owned by a nutcase who says the FDA is after him and wants him dead. I got the hell off his boat in Melbourne, Fl. It cost me $140.00 to get to Ft. Lauderdale, where I got on a boat owned by a woman looking for a man. That boat wasn't ready to go to Bimini, much less Panama. She paid me $100.00 for a week's work, for a net loss of $200.00. I got off this morning and am in Dinner Key, waiting for my SS&VA checks on the 1st & 3rd to be deposited in my account. Despite everything, I STILL want to go sailing on a well found, ready for sea vessel. I have 49 years experience in all capacities and am fully equipped with a new passport and ready to go. If you could use a dependable watchstander who doesn't need training, and, if you don't need your boat re-rigged or fixed, but want to sail, please give me a call at 805.570.4804 or e-mail me at jonreiter@wildblue.net I KNOW there are good, sane people out there who could use a hand. Jonathan Reiter, Navy trained as a Navigator/ former Able-Bodied Seaman,Any Waters/ former holder of 15 Ton, grandfathered to 100 Tons/ worked in boatyards,shipyards and as a rigger/re-finisher for many years, ran charter sportfishing boats out of Ft. Lauderdale/ have crossed Atlantic and Pacific Oceans in my own boats,etc.etc.
Old 30-12-2011, 10:36   #2

Boat: 1965 Alberg 35 #190
Re: Experienced Sailor available now in Dinner Key,Fl.

Got a berth in Dinner Key Marina. Decided instead of throwing myself on the mercy of strangers, it would be better to buy my own little boat and resume my former independent lifestyle. Looking at a sweet litle Pearson Trident that's winterized and ready to launch in the Spring. Meanwhile, I'll start where I'm at, which is usually the best place to start. Fair winds, Jonathan