Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2012, 21:01   #1

Boat: Tayana 37
Send a message via Yahoo to ughmo2000
Excellent crew with references

54 year old retired firefighter/paramedic seeking cruising, boat sitting, or delivery positions world-wide as crew, mate, or skipper.

Clean, non-smoker, no drugs. Respectful of others and the boat. Don't know it all but have experience on full east and west coasts of the US and Mexico, Great Lakes, ICW, Gulf, Bahamas, VI's, Trans-Atlantic, Trans-Pacific, Vancouver Is. Sloops, cutters, Ketches, Catamarans, trawlers. Single and twin screw sail to 50', power to 55'. Experience with navigation, diesel/gasoline engines, boat 12v and plumbing systems, daily maintenance, cruise prep, provisioning, can even ,clean, and cook dinner!

Stand my own watches, have all my own gear, available on short notice.
Can also supply complete USCG licensed delivery team at very reasonable rates.

CV and extensive references on request.

Cliff at ciffjcooper"at"gmail"dot"com
Old 18-02-2012, 05:33   #2

Boat: 62' Custom Aluminum Cat built in New Zealand
Re: Excellent crew with references.

We are headed from the Chesapeake Bay to the Bahamas in a few weeks and are looking for a third watch stander. The boat is a 62' custom aluminum sailing cat. I'll be glad to provide more info/details if you are interested. To be honest, we can't pay or cover transportation but only offer room and board. You would be welcome to hang out in the Bahamas for a short while depending on when we arrive. We have a charter that starts on March 23rd. Contact at sailelcie(at)geemail.com
Old 18-02-2012, 08:19   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to ughmo2000

Thank you for contacting me.

Please see your private messages.

Cliff
Old 20-02-2012, 09:45   #4

Cliff: Recently you have shown interest on my sail plan. It is easy for me to imagine that you are a serious sailor. Just what I would like to entertain! Here is my deal: I own an Endurance 36 (18,550lbs) sailing vessel, all fiberglass, single skin, and with an unusual internal structure designed by a naval arch. (will be glad to get to the particulars of that, if interested). However, capping it, resulted in five watertight cabins; very strong. Returning to my intended trip: I am now in south Florida with the intention to cross to Bimini (Gun key), to get into the Great Banks towards Nassau.
My destination this year is Trinidad Tobago in the way to South America. Passing, and hanging out in the many Caribbean Islands. To be honest with you, I need an experienced sailor, capable to stand four hrs watch in a vessel rigged cutter. All food and bevs. are in the house, as well as assistance with the return ticket. (unknown at this point). Vessel is an extremely well founded yacht with an eye on safety first, comfort following it. All control lines, running gear, and sheets end at the cockpit. So no need to get to the deck unnecessarily. All sails are brand new, as it is the boat. Safety equipment include two GPS (one portable hand held) sextant, deck safety jack lines, man overboard equipment, life preservers, and lots of prayers! Recently I was in 20 Ft. waves off the coast of Florida... no one pint of water shipped in! Inventory include four anchors, starting with a heavy duty 45lbs. new CQR, nothing below 35lbs. all on 3/8" chains. Capstan and gipsy on deck with chain lock. Owner/skipper (me) is a former N.Y. State Architect, now a Medical Doctor specialized in Cellular therapy (Stem Cell transplants). Among other things, my reasons for leaving the USA is the present government total apathy for what I do. I can't wait until Congress make up their mind (Like they know really what we do!) . OK Cliff, got the intention to inform you generally, and honestly. You can contact me at zeusdeus13@yahoo.com, or call me at (321) 506-6339 although my phone have been acting funny near the water, or in it, as I am. Sincerely, Car
Old 20-02-2012, 10:04   #5
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

cliffie--i will take one of you, but yer married--- find me a twin of you sans marriage and i will take him with me in a ny minuet....i hope ye find a boat soon, as you are going thru bad withdrawals.....
Old 06-03-2012, 13:21   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to Cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
cliffie--i will take one of you, but yer married--- find me a twin of you sans marriage and i will take him with me in a ny minuet....i hope ye find a boat soon, as you are going thru bad withdrawals.....
Hey Zee, you fried to a golden Mexico brown yet?

And you wouldn't like either of my brothers, they don't drink rum.

Tags
crew, references