Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-05-2011, 04:20   #1

Talking Europe to Americas (Anywhere!)

I've come to Morocco to work and will now be going back to The United States. Unfortunately, I dont have enough money to get there, so i'm looking to crew out of anywhere in Europe (England is best) to anywhere near the States. Florida or the Virgin Islands would be perfect since that's home.
I do have experience: I have crewed on sailboats, yachts, and fishing charter boats. I've lived on sailboats, and motor yachts, and own a small sailboat (which unfortunately has never seen water because i can't seem to stay in the country long enough to do anything with it). Unfortunately, my actual sailing experience is minimal because when I crewed from Florida to Massachusetts for 2 weeks on a 1935 Colin Archer, there was no wind. But I need to learn, and where there's a will, there's a way. I'm a fast learner, and I'm super stoked to be on the ocean and doing what I love.
I also have a lot of experience in Aquatics, as I lifeguarded for many years and also trained and certified Lifeguards, CPR, Water Safety courses, First Aid, swim lessons, and water aerobics. I've been surfing for eleven years and have beeen a surf instructor for about 6 years. I'm a very good swimmer and I'm very comfortable in and around water.
I'm also a musician, so I hope you dont mind the guitar on board!
I can go as soon or as late as you're leaving!!! NO PLANS! Just chillin' in Morocco...
Old 28-05-2011, 05:25   #2

Boat: 30ft Catalac 900 "Rubessa"
Re: EUROPE to AMERICAS (anywhere!)

Your best bet, if you can wait that long, is to look for someone needing crew for the ARC in November. This is a good place to look,

Crewing Opportunities - World Cruising Club Forums
Old 10-06-2011, 02:32   #3

Boat: Jeanneau,Sun Odyssey,47 feet
Re: EUROPE to AMERICAS (anywhere!)

Hi JessLynn, we're a family of three leaving out of La Rochelle, France at the end of August or beginning of September. I am American, from Florida, and my husband is French and we have a daughter who is 10. We'll be sailing to the Caribbean stopping along the way,of course, this is our year of travel. We're looking for someone with some experience and capable of handling the night watches. We'd love a musician, too. Can you tell us a little more about yourself if you may be interested in crossing with us? Our boat is a 47 foot sun odyssey.
Let us know if this may interest you.
thanks, ElizabethAnn