Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-08-2011, 15:05   #16

Re: Do You Want to Float in the Med ? / She-Sailor Wanted for European Cruising

How much sailing experience is required?
Old 26-08-2011, 16:03   #17

Boat: Lidgard 50ft performance cat/ Canados50s
Send a message via Skype™ to beneteau-500

or he could try this site Online Dating at LoveSail.com
Old 26-08-2011, 16:17   #18

Boat: Maxim 38 ft catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
I appreciate English probably isn't your first language - but just a heads up .......with the ladies it's not so usual to declare that one of your interests is being an "analist" as part of your initial pitch. I think that involves more of a warming up thing.........

....Just sayin'
Man up David-- you read thread then googled the meaning,obviously sparked some interest,dont be shy go and float around the Med.
Old 29-08-2011, 06:02   #19

Boat: Jeanneau Voyage 37 ft

well well well now of a sudden I got a lot of reactions......
yes indeed my native language is not english it is dutch

in dutch an "analist" is indeed an "analyst" for you guys.....sorry for getting your imagination "warmed up".

I was posting this on behalf of a friend, french speaking belgian, not so fluent in english.

And yes I was not a member of this forum before so yes indeed no history nor friends....

I do not know if André (the lonely skipper to be helped...) has an axe on board (axes are not part of requested safety equipment on board) (a hammer is though....)

and even more reading lots of stories about redneck US cruisers having firearms aboard on world cruises to scare off pirates...female soul-mate-crew is probably more at risk on a US boat.....

I myself am lucky (?) to already have a permanent Admiral on board though she still doesn't like 5 Bft+ winds....

Happy sailing (strong winds were already there on the East Coast....)

Jan
Old 29-08-2011, 06:20   #20
cruiser

Boat: cornish crabber
Talking Re: Do You Want to Float in the Med ? / She-Sailor Wanted for European Cruising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goudurix View Post
I do not know if André (the lonely skipper to be helped...) has an axe on board (axes are not part of requested safety equipment on board) (a hammer is though....)

and even more reading lots of stories about redneck US cruisers having firearms aboard on world cruises to scare off pirates...

yes they are...in Croatia..it is mandatory equipment on board.if coast guard boat made routine checking and find that you do not have an axe on board you are fined. regardin guns and pirates, i have double barrelled shootgun on board all the time...italians (and french) can be sometimes very anoing and nuisance in the adriatic.
Old 29-08-2011, 07:15   #21

Jajaja...then I'm lucky to be belgian and not italian or french....

while you are there in the Med with your shotgun....sail towards the Lybian coast maybe you can still make yourself useful...
Old 29-08-2011, 07:32   #22
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Good grief, a new member with 9 posts has so far generated comments about guns, rednecks, pirate, arses and even elicited a link to online dating. I am so proud. But here's a link to the rules for those of you who have forgotten we have them....

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ork&page=rules
Old 29-08-2011, 07:36   #23
cruiser

Boat: cornish crabber

Quote:
Jajaja...then I'm lucky to be belgian and not italian or french....
you can not be belgian. you can only be french or dutch. belgium is artificial country.they took bit of france, bit of holland and made belgium. same like yugoslavia was. i was "yugoslavian" 20 years ago in same way like you are belgian to day
Old 29-08-2011, 07:39   #24

Luckily I am only responsible for the rednecks and pirates....

And the aim of my thread was only to help out a friend....

"We" had more luck on the "desperatesailors" forum (2 real replies) but both ladies were ooking for an opportunity in the Carribbean.

(who can blame them...?)

End of this thread it is for me.

Jan
Old 29-08-2011, 07:47   #25

Boat: SAGA 27 AK

Quote:
I was posting this on behalf of a friend, french speaking belgian, not so fluent in english.
Jan
Jan (if that is indeed your real name) do not consider that soliciting on the behalf of another person on an open forum is a wrong thing to do? Especially soliciting for a partner in a way that insinuates that a long or short term relationship is your aim...

Do you really wonder why you got such a cool response? Try being open and truthful from the outset next time.
Old 29-08-2011, 08:27   #26

Boat: 1967 Ericson 30' Sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
I appreciate English probably isn't your first language - but just a heads up .......with the ladies it's not so usual to declare that one of your interests is being an "analist" as part of your initial pitch. I think that involves more of a warming up thing.........

....Just sayin'
LMAO!!!
Old 29-08-2011, 08:58   #27

Re: @Pillum

Sorry but you seem to have all wisdom no?

I posted the guy's email at the beginning of the thread. Post him a mail to find out? Why the hell would I have to pretend being someone else or hide my motives on a forum like this where I can be completely anonymous....?

If you choose not to believe me I really don't care. Instead of real reactions I have mainly received ******** reactions including yours.
Why do you even react to it? Are you female and looking for a sailing boat, and perhaps a long term relationship?

So I repeat: this is the end of this thread for me - next time I will post only on technical questions what is what really interests me (as I do often on SSCA).

Jan

janDOTde-smetATyabonDOTfr
Old 29-08-2011, 11:36   #28
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: @Pillum

Quote:
Sorry but you seem to have all wisdom no?

I posted the guy's email at the beginning of the thread. Post him a mail to find out? Why the hell would I have to pretend being someone else or hide my motives on a forum like this where I can be completely anonymous....?

If you choose not to believe me I really don't care. Instead of real reactions I have mainly received ******** reactions including yours.
Why do you even react to it? Are you female and looking for a sailing boat, and perhaps a long term relationship?

So I repeat: this is the end of this thread for me - next time I will post only on technical questions what is what really interests me (as I do often on SSCA).

Jan

janDOTde-smetATyabonDOTfr
Jan, probably me that de-railed the thread more than most A little bit of boredom on my part and the reference to Anal Sex as an occupation / hobby just too tempting to resist a bit of chain yanking (light joking). But I am easily tempted by things like that Certainly not "aimed" at you / your freind.

Appreciate that the lingo thing is not easy (I am illiterate in many languages but I can manage verbal incoherency in a few - mostly revolving around beer and associated activities ).

Your freind not writing well in English is going to be a challenge on the Anglo end of the Internet - in his shoes, I would sign up as a CF Member, fill out a decent profile (including his boat / plans) and also sign up to the singles sub forum (as already suggested) where he can post a more detailed "Woman Wanted" Advert (Courtesy of Google translation if needed).....dropping in to CF now and again (even with short posts) will be like re-baiting the hook

I hope I get an invite to the Wedding
Old 29-08-2011, 19:38   #29

Boat: O'Day 28

Quote:
Luckily I am only responsible for the rednecks and pirates....

And the aim of my thread was only to help out a friend....

"We" had more luck on the "desperatesailors" forum (2 real replies) but both ladies were ooking for an opportunity in the Carribbean.

(who can blame them...?)

End of this thread it is for me.

Jan
"desperatesailors" forum . I'm trying to get my head around this
Old 29-08-2011, 20:02   #30

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Thanks for posting for your friend, I hope he finds what he is looking for. Loneliness is a real drag, tell him to hang in there, his sailor girl is out there!
Cheers,
Mrs. Rain Dog

Ps
Don't let the uh er peanut gallery run you off, it's a great forum and there are quite a few single female sailors members. I was, and found my dream boat right here at CF

Tags
cruising, wanted