Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 10:43   #46

Re: Crew wanted for Circumnavigation

Cheoah - sorry but your follow up muddied the waters more than the first message! What are you driving at?
Old 07-07-2013, 17:03   #47

Boat: Big brick box and a '62 Airstream Ambassador. Formerly Pacific Seacraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDB View Post
Cheoah - sorry but your follow up muddied the waters more than the first message! What are you driving at?
The follow up makes it pretty clear. Don't give up on taking on crew if that is what the op wants. Terms are up to captain and potential crew. Sure there's plenty of opportunity for failure and conflict, check references both ways, yada yada....

PM me if that doesn't clear it up. Out cruising and I ain't gonna read it all again, it was marginally interesting to begin with.

Cheers-
Old 07-07-2013, 18:04   #48

Boat: 35' Pearson sloop

I'm interested in the trip. But, $2250 a month for food is a bit pricey for me.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:21   #49

Hey

Sounds cool. I'm looking for an opportunity to sail the pacific, preferably between SF and Sydney.
Your ideas resonate. I could do 6 months up to 9 months as far as I can see now, if that works for you although right now you're thinking of up to 1.5 year. In case you hear anyone who kind of does what I am looking for, when we can't squeeze it in suiting both our ideas, then let me know too. I could stretch from 2014 to 2016, have to be back early 2016.
I'm 51, background is motivating and coaching of people, mainly performers. Talking and listening part of my gift and can cook
No real sailing experience though crossed the Atlantic the luxurous way

Have a good one

Rob
The Netherlands.

authenticyou@gmail.com
Old 11-07-2013, 16:16   #50

Dear Sir-

I don't know if you would consider this business propostion, but here goes.

We are are a group of 2-4 members of a club, who's only goal is to visit every country (and many islands) on the planet, one of which is any uninhabited island in the Chagos Archipelago.

If you could take two or more of us from the Maldives to Mauritius or Rodriguez, with a landing in Chagos, we would pay you well for your troubles. Please let me know if this is of any interest to you.

I am an experienced captain, a medical doctor and speak English, Spanish and French.

Thank you and best regards,

Seth Sherman
sethair@aol.com
Old 11-07-2013, 18:01   #51

Boat: !977 Catalina 27

I wold be most interested in joining you and your wife on your voyage/ adventure!
I passed up a job in Turkey a few years ago and regret that choice.
A year or so away would suit me.
Pleas send me a pm. I would enjoy the visit!
steelhead1690@gmail.com
Old 11-07-2013, 20:54   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverhi View Post
Are you sure you want anyone else on board. A boat your size should be easy for a couple to handle assuming you have a self steering vane and autopilot. Having two other people on a boat that size would be a recipe for an aborted cruise. You'll find yourself modifying your cruising plans to appease the 'crew' and living in that close quarters amplifies everyone's quirks.

We had a friend join us for two months while we were in the Marquesas. A really nice guy, very accommodating and easy to get along with but we were so happy to see him leave at the end. Couldn't imagine living with another couple for a year or more. There's a reason that most cruising crews are a couple or solo.
I did this solo in my ole hunter 336 after I got out of the Corps. A 40 ft'er set up properly isn't any harder to maintain or sail. I mean it would get awkward trying to be intimate with your ole lady with somebody else on board who can hear it all.

scott
Old 12-07-2013, 16:55   #53

Boat: !977 Catalina 27

i am up for t.he trek.
When are you planning in departing Turkey?
What are the costs?
I agree with some of the comments...daily/ monthly costs would be too much. Contribution to clearance costs okay. a long voyage is beyond a charter type situation and deserves that consideration.
...sign me up if we can come to some agreeable financial contribution.
Old 13-07-2013, 12:15   #54

Hello there,
My name is Matt. I am 27 years old and currently living in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. My biggest dream is to sail around the world with my girlfriend which is our end goal. But to save enough for a boat and expenses puts this goal years down the road. When I read your post I got goosebumps. This would truly be a dream come true for us. We are true nature lovers, partaking in everything from sailing, snowboarding, hiking, surfing, kayaking, etc. You name it. I used to guide kayak tours in the Virgin Islands and have lived in Fiji and NZ while my girlfriend backpacked through much of South East Asia, New Zealand and Australia. I have grown up sailing while my girlfriend (Laura) is experienced but not as much. We are great cooks and I am an engineer and quite handy. We are big travelers, to say the least, with plenty of knowledge (and friends) about/in the South Pacific. Our sense of adventure and love for travel are our dominating passions and we feel we'd be perfect for this adventure. We would plan on the entire adventure if at all possible.
If you would like please contact us at mcgregol@colorado.edu or matt.cherouny@gmail.com. We really hope to hear from you.

Cheers,

Matt and Laura
Old 21-07-2013, 07:27   #55

I would like to start a discussion about this if it's still an option. I'll be getting out of the Navy in Jan 2014 and have always wanted to circumnavigate. I've been across the Pacific on a destroyer and across the atlantic on a destroyer and cruise. Not a whole lot of sailing experience, but I know what it means to be at sea. i can navigate and do just about anything you would need (ie cook, maintenance, etc).

Let me know,
Chris
Old 28-07-2013, 09:59   #56

Hi there, are you still looking for crew? I am a qualified YM offshore/ocean grad I have 5000+ miles at sea but I need some real yachting experience. I am immediately available so just let me have some details if you are interested.

Aiden
Old 28-07-2013, 11:07   #57

Boat: Catalina 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrldsrfr View Post
I would like to start a discussion about this if it's still an option. I'll be getting out of the Navy in Jan 2014 and have always wanted to circumnavigate. I've been across the Pacific on a destroyer and across the atlantic on a destroyer and cruise. Not a whole lot of sailing experience, but I know what it means to be at sea. i can navigate and do just about anything you would need (ie cook, maintenance, etc).

Let me know,
Chris
Well, at least you know the importance of watch standing and log books. Now, if you had said you were experienced as a helmsman on a minesweeper in the PI I would worry...
Old 02-09-2013, 19:07   #58

My Girlfriend and I want to crew for you! We are good cooks, friendly, hardworking and laid back. I am a whitewater raft guide in Idaho and we are used to spending weeks at a time in the wilderness. Now we want to spend some time at sea! I have worked in a boat yard and am very handy and hardworking. I know how to sail, but have a lot to learn. We will be in, and could depart from the Dominican Republic from 9/14-9/21. Or from anywhere after 9/21/13
Old 04-09-2013, 17:19   #59

Hi- my wife and I have always talked about buying our own boat, and doing some extensive cruising. We have spent that last 10 years running larger 80-100ft yachts and have recently moved ashore and managing at a large water front private estate in Greenwich CT. We have no kids and have saved enough where we are financially able to do such a trip. We are 42 and 47. I would be interested in hearing more. You can see a little about us at floodnavigation.com. I have a 500T All Oceans ticket.
Old 06-09-2013, 22:34   #60

holy toolshed! now I am really confused about navigating this site and attempting to find a crew wanted position. Can anyone enlighten me?

Tags
circumnavigation, crew, paracelle, wanted