Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 19:17   #1

Boat: Westsail 32
Crew Wanted for Bahamas Cruise

Looking for someone to join me for a Bahamas cruise on my Westsail 32, "Southern Belle." Leaving Tampa Bay area mid-March. Duration and itinerary open. Must have some sailing experience and be honest and reliable, mature and reasonable, easy going and flexible. Share duties, pay own expenses.
Old 12-03-2013, 23:00   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
Looking for someone to join me for a Bahamas cruise on my Westsail 32, "Southern Belle." Leaving Tampa Bay area mid-March. Duration and itinerary open. Must have some sailing experience and be honest and reliable, mature and reasonable, easy going and flexible. Share duties, pay own expenses.
Just saw this!
Old 14-03-2013, 21:05   #3

Re: Crew Wanted for Bahamas Cruise

please tell me more...
am currently in calif. looking for journey
could be perfect mix
Todd
Old 15-03-2013, 00:16   #4

Boat: SPIRIT SAILBOAT 28'

Approximately how long do you expect to be gone?
Ill be in tampa wed or thur this week.... possibly we can meet and discuss this
Old 15-03-2013, 17:56   #5

Boat: Westsail 32

Hi - Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, I am still working on the boat, and it is taking a bit longer than I anticipated (gee, can you imagine that?). So my plans are not only open ended, they are also "open-beginninged." I'm now thinking that I could leave in another week or so, stop over in Key West for a couple of days, and be in the Bahamas by the first week in April. Once there, the plan is to spend 3-4 weeks sailing to... here and there, and doing.... whatever we feel like. I plan to then return to Ft. Lauderdale, and figure out from there what to do next. However, depending on what's happening at the time, who I'm with, and how much $ I've gone through (this is a low-budget cruise), I might be willing to go... wherever. I have always been agile, fit and young for my age, but now at 60, I am slowing down and wearing out much quicker, which is why my departure date keeps slipping. I have always single-handed, but for the reasons I just mentioned and for some companionship, I thought I'd give these crew-finder sites a try. To my surprise, I have had a number of responses. However, without having much to go on, I'm not sure how to proceed. I don't want to jump into something prematurely, but I also don't want to pass up the best match. I'm not quite sure how to resolve this, but I guess it must be done all the time or nobody would go sailing! Anybody got any suggestions? What's the SOP? Thanks. - Christian
Old 16-03-2013, 21:02   #6

Am interested
please email vanssons@gmail.com
Old 18-03-2013, 13:38   #7

Hi, I am 71 year old in very good shape, not as quick as I was but able to get around well. Had new hip August 7, went duck hunting in Canada for three weeks Oct 3, hunted pheasants for five weeks in SD. Recent insurance exam put me in top 5%.

I am a Christian, non-smoker, like beer and wine but don't care if the boat is dry. Married, four children, 8 grand children. Held executive positions in hospitality field, managed resort hotels. Retired, owned and operated a Mexican Restaurant in Wisconsin Dells for 20 years.

Have had a crusing sailboat most of my adult life. A Morgan 35 for 16 years when we lived in Key Biscayne, a 26' Grampian and a Morgan 30 that were keep in the water at Fort Myers beach over the course of 12 years. Have raced small boats, capt boats in Hawaii, the Great Lakes, BVI, Southern CA. I too, have done a lot of my sailing singlehanded or with non-skilled sailors. BUT, all I know is that I don't know much. I am alive and have certainly been blessed with many fine trips and experiences.

Recently spent winter in Bahamas on Morgan 30. The Morgan was a 1972 boat. When crossing gulf stream we came off a big wave and an old (before me) repair split. We were pumping the whole trip, went down to Staniel Cay. When we returned I put in insurance claim and insurance totalled the boat. I,ll send pictures of the boat if this crew deal goes anywhere.

Anyway, I am up in Wisconsin, willing and able to get down there. If you want, call me 608.393.5182. I am rather pleasant but my wife is much nicer. In any event, good sailing, TOM

Tags
Bahamas, crew, cruise, wanted