Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2011, 01:35   #1

Crew Wanted

We are sailing our 32' challenger sailboat from San Diego to the Caribbean via the Panama Canal. We need a fourth crew member to join current group of three (Male 28, Male 25, Female 22). We are leaving October 28 with the Baha-haha out of San Diego. Please let us know a bit about yourself. We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
J.R. Black
Old 26-12-2011, 13:45   #2

Re: Crew Wanted

Hi JR,

How has your trip been to date? I've kayaked the Sea of Cortez, have you looked in at La Paz?

Married with three children and 2 grandsons, I am 57 and still working but am trying to ease my way out of the rat race. I've booked off work for February, unpaid, and am looking for an opportunity to sail and share expenses. I've owned two keel boats, the latest a Bayfield 25 with my brother, we sail on Lake Ontario in any weather. I don't have any blue water experience.

I love Latin America and commend to you the ports of Varidaro and Havana Cuba, also Bocas del Toro in Panama and Tampico in Mexico. I've studied up my Spanish and practice whenever I can. You'll find I'm handy on a boat. I pulled out and and re-installed our auxiliary diesel for a rebuild. While it was out I fitted it with an alternator and wired it into the boat so we don't need shore power any more. We also fitted an auto-tiller, do you have one?

I like to cook and I don't smoke or take drugs. The way I have fun on a trip is to look for the good in everyone I meet. People everywhere are open and curious about us if I can just slow down and appreciate them. Women can be a challenge if they see you as a 'sugar daddy' so I try to keep things correct (I just returned from a week cycling in Cuba with my brother).

Please let me know if I might fit into your plans. I can certainly cover expenses and can meet you in any port you choose. Have you completed you Panama Canal transit? I've taken the ferry to Toboga Island on the Pacific side.

Andy Welch
Streetsville, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrblack83 View Post
We are sailing our 32' challenger sailboat from San Diego to the Caribbean via the Panama Canal. We need a fourth crew member to join current group of three (Male 28, Male 25, Female 22). We are leaving October 28 with the Baha-haha out of San Diego. Please let us know a bit about yourself. We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
J.R. Black
Old 26-12-2011, 16:47   #3

Boat: Caliber, 38, RONIN

Where are you right now? I'm currently in Bahia de los Muertos outside of La Paz riding my motorcycle around and I am looking for some sailing. Own my own boat, Caliber 38, that should have been in the Ha Ha this year but got jammed up with work and didn't get out PNW in time. If you are in the area I would be interested in hooking up and talking, 47, semi-retired,

Dwayne
Old 30-12-2011, 16:00   #4

Hey J. R. Black,

My girlfriend (23) and I (25) are currently in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, looking to crew on a boat heading to Panama. Are you still looking for crew? If so, and if you're in this area, would you consider taking on a couple?

We sailed here from Los Angeles and have day/night watch experience, we can both cook and provision, and we're fun and easy to get along with too.

Give me a buzz if you're still looking or if you've heard of nearby boats looking for crew.

Thanks!

Tom
Old 02-01-2012, 12:08   #5

Hey,

I'm a 34 years old french long term traveler, crewing on a 72ft ketch, assisting an oldschool islandic cap'tain and his wife, presently in south east Bahamas, heading further down south to the Caribbean.

I've got 6000 nautic miles at sea, so far, and no intercoastal waters. I can handle deckwork, watches, and onboard duties easily.

After 3 months living and learning on the very same boat, I'd like to have an experience on another boat, with other navigation skills.

If you need any help, and any point, just keep it in mind, and see if we can meet somewhere.

Looking forward to read you one day.
Old 01-05-2012, 19:20   #6

Would love to age 18 turning 19 may. Have no experience in sailing hard worker and quick learner. I can cook and clean and sew if that helps ^_^

Tags
crew, wanted