Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 20:34   #1

Boat: Kalik 44
Crew Member Needed from Florida to NZ

Hi I have posted before but we are still looking for the 4th crew member to join us onboard. We are travelling from Floridas West Coast to New Zealand. The trip will take approximately 4 months. We do have some people who are keen to do sections, but if I can find someone that can do the whole trip that would be preferable.

A brief guide to our intended stops:
Bradenton, FL
Cancun, Mexico
Isla de Providencia, Colombia
Panama
Galapagos Islands
Hiva Oa, Marquesas
Fatu Hiva, Marquesas
Papeete, French Polynesia
Moorea, French Polynesia
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Aitutaki, Cook Islands
Alofi, Niue
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
Auckland, New Zealand
Lyttelton, New Zealand

The boat is a 44ft Kalik sloop. The boat is in the process of a big upgrade, we will have new 4 person offshore life raft, new watermaker, solar panels, wind gen, its got a new tender and outboard, two bathrooms, flat screen tv and the list is growing each day of what we are installing or replacing as needed. As for us, I am a plumber by trade, and the other two work in television. We are all pretty easy going and easy to get along and aged between 25 - 28.

This is a shared costs trip, i will be paying for everything I would have to pay for if I was on my own like diesel, boatbits, spares, marina fees. You pay your costs which means you pay your flights, food/drinks ashore, a share of food on board, and any clearance fees or customs obligations. All other expenses are taken care off. (Also if you have your own life jacket that would be awesome!)
Old 06-04-2011, 22:00   #2
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Crew Member Needed from Florida - NZ

Can't come sailing, am afraid; but am a member of the Kalik fan club, and would appreciate seeing photos of your upgrade....
Old 07-04-2011, 11:04   #3

Hey Saucy Sailoress...Will find a good link with pictures for you soon!
Old 12-04-2011, 07:00   #4

When are you leaving FL?
Old 12-04-2011, 10:25   #5

Hey looking to leave Florida at the end of the month
Old 13-04-2011, 11:34   #6

Hello, I am confirmed Crewmember (2 transatlantic, transpacific 1, ...) French doctor, 36 years. My girl friend is a crew member and cooks well. We are available from late June until late November to cross the Pacific.
You can reach me by mail: xxxxx @ gmail.com
cordially
Old 14-04-2011, 01:58   #7

Hello! I'll be arriving in NZ around the same time you guys will be, Wish i could join for the voyage but it sounds loads better than what my summer will be spent doing. My real question is about once you get to NZ, I know cyclone season would be around the corner, but just wondering if there are any plans you might needing a crew mate for. it’s a ways off and you got this trip to plan for, but just thought I’d throw it out there, either way, good luck!
Old 14-04-2011, 03:45   #8

Boat: On the lookout for a PDQ36 :D
This sounds so amazing.. Wish I was in America and could join you guys. Good luck and let me know if you swing by Japan!
Old 14-04-2011, 08:21   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymeric View Post
Hello, I am confirmed Crewmember (2 transatlantic, transpacific 1, ...) French doctor, 36 years. My girl friend is a crew member and cooks well. We are available from late June until late November to cross the Pacific.
You can reach me by mail: xxxxxxx @ gmail.com
cordially
Hey,

Sorry we only have room on the boat for one more person at this stage

All the best
Old 14-04-2011, 08:23   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laksamit View Post
Hello! I'll be arriving in NZ around the same time you guys will be, Wish i could join for the voyage but it sounds loads better than what my summer will be spent doing. My real question is about once you get to NZ, I know cyclone season would be around the corner, but just wondering if there are any plans you might needing a crew mate for. it’s a ways off and you got this trip to plan for, but just thought I’d throw it out there, either way, good luck!
We live in NZ so once we are back there we will most likely be heading back to normal everyday life. We will be sailing from Auckland to Christchurch though fr us to get home so there may be room for that trip
Old 15-04-2011, 00:26   #11

oy sounds good! well if it crosses your mind shoot me an email and hopefully i'll be around Auckland at the time. Cheers!
Old 15-04-2011, 03:29   #12

Boat: private yacht always moving

What is the latest on your departure date,,, i might be interested,,, i hold a 100 ton master with sail, looking for a little adventure on the water,,

you can contact me at ken@chefken.com

i ws a chef for many years on the yachts
Old 16-04-2011, 13:24   #13

Boat: Lagoon 42

Sounds like fun. If you are still looking, contact me.
Chris.... irootgood at yahoo dot com. thx
Old 16-04-2011, 20:30   #14

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity. I live just outside the Tampa area, so could easily make it to Bradenton. Generally speaking, I'm still a beginner in the sailing world, but I am eager to gain some valuable experience. So please let me know if you still need some help and if there is room on the boat for one more!
Old 22-04-2011, 07:56   #15

I need to get back to New Zealand by October this year, when were you guys scheduled to arrive? I would love to come on this trip with you. I have been travelling since January last year and have been trying to find a more exciting and interesting way to get back to New Zealand than flying. I don't have a huge amount of experience sailing but I am very practically minded, am good with knots, and I am very comfortable with heights. When I was eleven my family sailed to Madagascar and back. I am also a good kiteboarder and windsurfer so I understand the principles of sailing.
I am currently in working in Canada but if you guys were happy to take me I would fly down and meet you.
Thanks
Andrew
andrewhughesgames+sailing@gmail.com

Tags
crew, florida