Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2012, 03:32   #1

Crew / Deckhand / Cook / General

I am looking for a position on a boat, as an employee.I will be making this a full time career & will be completing a RYA Competent Crew Certificate & my STCW 95 Certificate in April. I am a single woman with two adult children,who have recently moved out of home.I love the ocean & traveling & would ideally like to combined the two.I have a valid South African passport & drivers license(British passport under application).I have traveled internationally & held an international drivers license.
I maintain a high work ethic and am professional at all times.I am honest, reliable, sincere, calm and perceptive and am able to put people at easy very quickly.I thrive on challenges with plenty of initiative & leadership/management qualities.I am highly motivated & hardworking.I work well under pressure & am able to deal with difficult clients and situations.I have excellent organisational skills with the ability to work in a team or alone.I am friendly,easy to get on with, & have a good sense of humour.I will be an asset to any employer,as I have a very large skills base & am easily able to fit into other areas in a business where additional support is needed.
I am equally comfortable in a formal setting or a outdoor relaxed environment. Having dealt with people from all walks of life I am comfortable dealing with anyone from Heads of State to beggars.
I have been 'at sea' however this has been limited to deep sea fishing trips and leisure cruises. I have spent a lot of time on lakes and rivers in motor boats & pursuing motorised sporting activities, camping, fishing (river, lake, fly fishing, surf fishing & deep sea fishing).
I enjoy entertaining and hosting & have organised/hosted many functions, I am an above average cook, with a broad knowledge of nutrition, the use of it in the treatment of illness (including terminal illness), disease and inflammation, detoxing, optimization of health & wellness, or for pure enjoyment of a great meal.

Tags
crew, deckhand