Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2015, 08:58   #1

Couple wanted, late 20s to mid 30s, for one week sailing trip this summer NE US

So this may be a long shot, but here it goes:

My husband and I would like to bareboat charter a sailboat for a week this summer (probably August) in either Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts or Maine. Since it'd cost about $3000, we are looking for a fun sailing couple who'd be interested in splitting it with us! Most of our friends either aren't into sailing or wouldn't want to spend that type of money on a one week trip.

A little background: Most importantly, we love to sail! Bryan, 31 soon to be 32, and myself, 30, got married a little less than a year ago and moved to NYC last May. We are ASA 103 and 104 certified, have a small day cruiser currently in Buffalo NY, we have some racing experience and some cruising experience (4 days last summer in the Chesapeake and 7 days in the Greek islands for our honeymoon!). We are both vegetarian, don't smoke, and like to drink wine. We're relatively fit; we like to hike, bike, and kayak. Bryan is a trained mathematician currently working as a data scientist and I am a manager in the nonprofit field (and soon to be a trained social worker!). Like many others on this forum, we have a plan to go cruising hopefully eight years from now when Bryan turns 40 and after we have some kids!

We're looking for a couple to join us that enjoy reading, sailing, adventures, wine, and beautiful sunsets, who have at least a little sailing experience, preferably, and who are in the 27-35ish age range. If you're interested, please let me know! Ideally we'd like to meet up at some point (particularly if you're already in the Northeast) to see if we'd be a good fit for seven days on a boat, but we can figure out what that looks like if anyone is even interested. I think this is a long shot but I figured there have got to be other people out there our age who want the same things as we do!
Old 04-06-2015, 14:43   #2

Re: Couple wanted, late 20s to mid 30s, for one week sailing trip this summer NE US

After I wrote this I thought - wait...no age limit on this - why did I say that?! Anyone who is interested is welcome to send me a message!
Old 05-06-2015, 11:54   #3

Boat: Mirage 35
Re: Couple wanted, late 20s to mid 30s, for one week sailing trip this summer NE US

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSunshine View Post
After I wrote this I thought - wait...no age limit on this - why did I say that?! Anyone who is interested is welcome to send me a message!
I was wondering why you said that as well. If you would consider a couple of active young retirees maybe we should talk.

George (aka AnglaisInHull)
Old 06-06-2015, 02:02   #4

Boat: 31' Hunter

I'm not sure if you've seen this but have you checked out Boatbound.com yet? It might be a good alternative if splitting the cost doesn't work out. I have no affiliation with the site but think it's a cool idea.

Tags
sail, sailing, wanted