Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-05-2011, 14:55   #1

Boat: (Sold 2018) 47' Alwoplast Crowther Catamaran
Charleston SC, North To Newport, RI

* Charleston, SC to Newport, RI An Immediate Crew Opportunity

I need to find a crew member to help me sail a 47’ Catamaran from Charleston, SC. North to near Newport, RI.

I can leave as early as 6/5/2011 or as late as 6/12/11 and I expect the trip will take 5 to 8 days. Offshore opportunity.

The Boat- is a well constructed Crowther 47' (Built by Alwoplast of Chile) 24' beam performance cruising Blue Water Catamaran. Private Quarters. Pretty nice gig.

Here is the Deal- you fly and I buy.
That means you pay all transport costs to get to the boat (Charleston, SC) and to get yourself home from Rhode Island. Hotel, Taxi, and other “land costs” if any are yours.

I pay all on boat food, fuel, and all boat expenses. Usually that includes a meal ashore on me. Alcohol is limited but included.

Who can't come? Newbies, couples, druggies, alkies, hot dogs, hound dogs, mean moody or grouchy people, and no nut jobs. Preference will be given to certified swimsuit / lingerie models (Yeah right!)

This is not a vacation but is rather a normal boat delivery working trip. All chores are shared equally.

About me. I am a 58 year old, happily married, straight, non-smoking male who is an experienced but always learning sailor. A gregarious midwesterner, I am enjoying actively experiencing the oceanic cruising lifestyle with my very nice boat which is in solid condition.

Trip Style. I absolutely love to sail but I prefer to get there more than to drift along waiting for a breeze. Motor comes on at about 5 to 6 kts. The good news is I pay for the fuel! This is a direct offshore trip with maybe only one or two shore stops (NYC?)

Obviously more info will be required both ways before either of us can make commitments.

email me direct at jasonm@renosys.com I will NOT BE CHECKING THIS FORUM FOR MESSAGES.

Tags
newport