Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2015, 06:13   #1

23, Male, well qualified and looking for ocean passage July-Sept // Atlantic/Pacific

Hi everybody,

My name's Guy Scott, I've got 2 months to fill between August and September 2015 and am keen to do an ocean passage.

I'm 23, male, fairly easy-going and have a good amount of experience in both big boat sailing and instructing dinghies (see below).

I live in Hong Kong but go to university in Scotland. I can provide my own living expenses, can play the acoustic guitar, and know how to cook provided you don't ask for a delicate pastry.

I posted on the forum a couple of months ago and was due to sail from San Francisco but the boat needed more extensive repairs than anticipated. Feel free to shoot me a private message if the mood takes you - if you think I'd be a good fit, I can meet the boat wherever you are (within reason).

EXPERIENCE:

1,500 NM passage between the Azores and Mallorca

Cruising around Krabi, Phuket, and Croatia

Cockpit work on J109s at Cowes week for the past 3 years

Helming and crewing Etchells every Friday afternoon in the HK harbour race series

QUALIFICATIONS:

RYA UK Competent Crew

RYA VHF Licence

RYA 1-Day First-Aid Course

RYA Dinghy Instructor

INTERESTS:

Sailing, Photography (the old fashioned film kind), SCUBA, Mediocre junk food

Tags
passage