Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 09:14   #16

Boat: Cheoylee Offshore 38, Southcoast 23
Sweet sailboat, very nice site too. Thank you!! looking at those old wooden boats,,it's kinda sad, like going to the animal shelter...
I wanna take them all home, because I know what's gonna happen to them otherwise.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:52   #17

Boat: Far From Turtle: 1980 Pearson 424 cutter rigged ketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by svmosaic38 View Post
Sweet sailboat, very nice site too. Thank you!! looking at those old wooden boats,,it's kinda sad, like going to the animal shelter...
I wanna take them all home, because I know what's gonna happen to them otherwise.

glad you like the site.

I too wish I could take them all home.

every so often, "new" ones come up. They're all interesting. Hope they find good homes....

here in Bremerton, there is a hundred year pedestrian ferry that is still in daily commercial use for commuting. It is a thrill to ride it to Port Orchard. There is another antique wood ferry in Blaine that is a tourist attraction in the summer time only - much smaller vessel - and lots of fun to ride.

At Roche Harbor, a live aboard there owns a hundred year old wood boat he is renovating that was a police boat. It is fairly large and really cool.

All you folks looking for a bargain with no money but lots of youth and vigor and elbow grease, ya aint got no scuses - go get onna these boats and rescue it! (gee, I'll bet a renovated live aboard antique boat would be a chick magnet - wouldn't even have to add a water maker to get a first mate to live aboard it....)