Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 15:09   #1

Thru Hull Sensor for Standard Horizon sl45

Hi,

My Standard Horizon SL45 knotmeter is still functioning but the thru hull sensor went dead. I'd love to find and buy a used functional replacement.
OR has anyone cracked one of these open and tried a repair? It has to be electronically simple. You can contact me directly at my email: northwindfilms@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 17-08-2014, 08:38   #2

Re: thru hull sensor for standard horizon sl45

Daniel,

My DS45 stopped working suddenly about 2 weeks ago (was working one minute and then it was the two dashes). I was in pretty turbulent water at the time (motoring against a 4kt+ current) so its possible that it went to the "dashes" mode because of "aerated water" and then just didn't reset.

Anyway, I'm trying to determine if it is the instrument, the cable, or the transducer. How did you determine transducer? By plugging in a known good instrument? And do you know where I could find a known good DS45 instrument?

Thanks,

Butch
Old 19-08-2014, 10:47   #3

Re: thru hull sensor for standard horizon sl45

Hi Butch,

Sorry for the long delayed response. I sent the sensor to Airmar where they tested it. However, I do not recall them having a direct replacement. WHich is why I am still shopping around. I have been given indications that a transom mount SIA51 version of the sensor will work with the instrument. I'd love tyo know if that's so.....
Old 19-08-2014, 12:37   #4

Re: Thru Hull Sensor for Standard Horizon sl45

Thanks, Dan. Looks like Airmar is in NH, so not far from me. Guess I'll send my instrument there and have them check it out.

Tags
hull, thru hull