Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-02-2011, 01:17   #76

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran
berg,

don't be afraid to make an offer 20-30% below asking. It is a buyers market at present.

Check out what surfmachine did in his negotiations recently.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...oop-54136.html
Old 19-02-2011, 06:15   #77
cruiser

my plan is to head to florida. pass thru Stuart, FL, near indianville? and check out some apartments there.. (they seem to be the cheapest in craigslist). I may or may not rent an apartment when i drive thru... but after that, I will head across to Tampa/clearwater area, then down thru Meyers, then back across to Miami area, then down to the Keys.

I will hang out for a day or two in those areas and look at some boats/marinas, and hopefully find a boat i like in an area i like...

If the boat isnt in Stuart/indianville,,, I will move to the boat or move th boat not sure which yet... depends on area and price and the boat...

after i get the boat, to spend 6+ months cleaning and fixing and learning about the boat and how to sail her safely...

after that, i hope to find some mooring ball somewhere adn learn some more, and spend some time coastal cruising to get more assured of my new skillz... then after that, *(about a year or so after i buy the boat), i will live off the hook, i hope.)

those are my plans... kinda loose but enough to keep me going 'forward', i hope.

and thanks for the link.. i love tamals.. yummm.. i had some last night as a matter of fact

KING TACO for the win...
Old 19-02-2011, 08:50   #78

I have a 1961 Alberg 35 that I have had for 11 years and am looking to move up. I would let her go for $28K...She has everything you need and is well cared for. Engine new in 2005 and both sails since then. If you are thinking of going this high I am in St. Petersburg. Greg 727-439-7699.
Old 19-02-2011, 08:54   #79
cruiser

hey greg, boat sounds great, but is a bit above my price right now... sorry...and thanks for posting.. i do appreciate it.... good luck

bill

(btw, care to meet when i get there?)
Old 19-02-2011, 09:12   #80

Boat: Tartan 30
I think St. Petersburg is the used boat mecca of FL, according to what I found all last year in my boat search. I surmised, from talking to owners/sellers, that there are a lot of 'project' boats and lower budget cruising boats there, and the vast majority of them are for sale, most of which are NOT listed on the internet. So if you're stopping in Tampa, be sure to go across the bay and check out St. Pete really well. Walk the docks...
Good luck.
Old 19-02-2011, 09:18   #81
cruiser

when i mention TAMPA, i mean St. Pete/Clearwater area... thre are a couple other towns just south of St. PEte, across a bridge of sometype as well...

I recall st. pete/clearwater area being full of boats from when i visited my grandparents a few decades ago... which is why the motivation to move to florida...

i recall warm water, warm climate, and blue sky...
Old 19-02-2011, 10:07   #82
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
dont forget ft myers area, also-- some westsail 3 yrs ago with asking 7000 price--didnt last long--was in decent shape-- ther eis a mooring field at matanzas inn.... research there--- a start for the area.. dfriend has a dock in naples.. havent heard from him as naples is a snotty area..lol....but has private docks--skinny water an private docks.....
Old 20-02-2011, 02:32   #83

When you get to Stuart you are very close to Indiantown. If you checked out the site for Advantage Yachts, you might have seen they also have some of their boats in Stuart.They are up the St Lucie canal, with a do it yourself yard and the means to get to the west coast. Nice folks, I found them to be very helpful and informed. The Hunter they have there seems like a close to ready to go boat. was going to check it out myself.

Good hunting buddy. I feel your pain. been there

John
Old 21-02-2011, 19:31   #84

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot
Re: Sailboat in Florida or Gulf Area

Ever check out a bombay clipper? Shoal draft, 3'6" built like tanks, huge head, and cabins. 11' beam. We love ours!!!!! Heres one in VT for sale http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1978/Bombay-Clipper-2235059/Grand-Isle/VT/United-States
Ours would be less and is much nicer, New fuel,&water Tank, and Hot water heater, Ac,& lots cheaper, if we do sell Not sure if wife is set on selling but if your interested I can let you know. (She wants a cat)
Old 02-03-2011, 01:58   #85
cruiser

i have a cat i will trade...???

heheheh

Let me know if you are selling... I am one day away from florida now...
Old 02-03-2011, 06:17   #86

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot

Sent you an email, let me know if you dont recv it.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:22   #87
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Sailboat in Florida or Gulf Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcesuenos View Post
Be warned... his 'Cats' a fighting cat.....

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:31   #88

Boat: hunter 28.5

How bout a Hunter 28.5, She has all the stuff you are looking for and then some...I just put her back in the water and moved to the marina last Thursday after new bottom job over the winter(no blisters)Never been in salt water.
We are looking to move up to about a 35' and head south. She's ready to go, just add your toothbrush.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:34   #89
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpauly
How bout a Hunter 28.5, She has all the stuff you are looking for and then some...I just put her back in the water and moved to the marina last Thursday after new bottom job over the winter(no blisters)Never been in salt water.
We are looking to move up to about a 35' and head south. She's ready to go, just add your toothbrush.
M where is your boat yes I would love to see it.

how deep is the key l and what type of headroom does it have

Sent from the DROIDX, which is why the message is so short. Hehe
Old 02-03-2011, 12:36   #90
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcesuenos
yes I got it and I sent you an email back.

the boat sounds real good, but I have a small setback with my budget, so I may not afford a boat like that for a couple more months.

which would mean I would have to rent an apartment while trying to save the money for your boat.

I haven't gone through my bank statements yet from this road trip ..

I am guessing that my budget is now around 10,000 dollars

Sent from the DROIDX, which is why the message is so short. Hehe

Tags
florida, sailboat