Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-12-2010, 09:58   #1

Florida Liveaboard Marina Guide

Hello everyone,
I'm self publishing a Florida live aboard directory/guide book that will be available in January! I already have over 40 locations and hope to have at least 50 for all of Florida. It will have all the prices, photos, etc. Will be available for $10.00 Ea.(Paperback copy) or an E-copy for $8.00. I will also have a website linked to the book for updates once published! If you wish to reserve a copy in advance please email me!

Thank you!

Maya
Old 21-12-2010, 14:21   #2

Boat: Camano Troll 31'
Just wondering, Are you talking about "liveaboard" as referenced in the Florida laws, or just someone that lives on their boat.
According to Florida law:
  1. “Live-aboard vessel” means:
    1. Any vessel used solely as a residence and not for navigation;
    2. Any vessel represented as a place of business or a professional or other commercial enterprise; or
    3. Any vessel for which a declaration of domicile has been filed pursuant to s. 222.17.
Since we use our boat for navigation, even though it is our only domicile, according to Fl law, ours is NOT a live aboard vessel.

Also: Have you seen this? BoatMarinas.net - Florida Live Aboard Marina Directory.
Old 21-12-2010, 16:36   #3

Yes I am aware of the site. However it's not as in depth as my book will be. The book will be basically a similar style to the apartment guide, but just for live aboards only. I know I would have appreciated a similar book when I was first looking! Thanks for your feedback!

Maya

Tags
florida