Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 13:43   #1

Boat: Marples 40 Constant Camber
Constant Camber 41' Sailing Trimaran Cutter

It is with considerable regret that I offer my Constant Camber 41, sailing trimaran cutter for sale. I am asking $75,000.

Dimensions:
LOA/Hull: 41’ 4”
Beam: 26’ 6”
Draft: 2’ 6” (board up), 6’ (board down)
Displacement: 9,000 lbs. (approx.)
Speed: estimated 6 knots under auxiliary motor
Range: local coast

Construction:
Cold-molded yellow cedar/epoxy veneers, vacuum bagged with lumber and plywood frames
Excellent structural workmanship with close-fitting joints and ample adhesive in evidence.
Mast and boom are high quality standard yacht spar sections
Dyneema Spectra UltraCross netting all around

Machinery:
Aux. engine: 9.9 Yamaha high-thrust outboard

Other:
ProFurl genoa furling system
Simpson Lawrence manual anchor windlass
Multiple anchors incl. 2 Fortress, 2 Northhill, and a Delta
2-burner propane Force 10 range/oven
Built-in ice chest
Fire extinguishers throughout (3)
VHF West Marine, Aquarius

Single v-berth cabin forward w/ deck hatch overhead.
Head compartment w/ sink
Main salon with dinette to port and settee to starboard
Galley aft with sink, stove, and icebox
Cockpit amidships with hard dodger.
Double berth cabin aft.

I don’t want to blow smoke at anybody so I won’t tell you that the boat is ready to take you to your far-flung dreams. She isn’t and won’t. She does need, or could certainly use, a refit to include standing and running rigging, bottom paint, etc. I do assert, however, that she is a delight to sail, very well built, relatively easy to modify to your tastes, and, in her utter simplicity, very easy to maintain. She could not be built again for anywhere near what I am asking for her.

I unfortunately do not, at present, have many good photos of her and what I have may be seen on Flickr, search for "pwratch" or “Marples 41 trimaran”. I'm working on getting more images.

The vessel is located in Southern California USA and I will be available to show it to whoever may be interested during the last week of September and the first three weeks of October, 2011. I’ll also take more photos then and post them accordingly. In the meantime, please direct any questions you may have to me via the Cruisers Forum Private Message system. Be sure and put some reference to the boat in the header so I can filter queries appropriately. I will answer as expeditiously as I can manage. No brokers please.
Old 02-08-2011, 13:53   #2
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Constant Camber 41 Sailing Trimaran Cutter for Sale

Could you post specific links? A Google search yields a sign in page for another forum, and several hits like this:
Quote:
pwrwatch.dll could be a harmful Windows process. Find out what pwrwatch.dll is doing on computer, whether it's safe, info on related errors and how to ...
Not such great motivation to look deeper!
Old 02-08-2011, 14:02   #3

Re: Constant Camber 41 Sailing Trimaran Cutter for Sale

my apologies for your inconvenience saucy but what "specific links" are you looking for? What exactly was the Google search content (not the return but the search phrase). I have no idea what pwrwatch.dll is but since it misspells the reference in Flickr I'm going to guess that there is a typing error involved. Not such great motivation to look deeper!
Old 02-08-2011, 21:41   #4

Boat: Horstman Tri-Star45 trimaran
Re: Constant Camber 41' Sailing Trimaran Cutter

Where in So Cal? Currently in La Paz on 40' mono, shopping tris, would like to view...or sister ship. Will be in San Berdoo mid-Aug to mid-Sep but must return to splash boat by end of Sep.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:19   #5

dcruz99801

The tri is located in Newport Beach. The proposed dates are problematic but I'll see what I can arrange. Not aware of any sister ships at least on the West Coast though there was one at Jayne's Marine in Virginia. I assume you are aware that the interior of a 40' tri is vastly smaller than the interior of a 40' mono? Every boat is an exercise in compromise, are they not? Please include an email address to respond to in private messages. Regards.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:50   #6

Please post a pic or at the very least a URL thanks
Old 03-08-2011, 09:32   #7

Flickr: pwratch's Photostream

thanks for the feedback!
Old 07-08-2011, 15:18   #8

Boat: Horstman Tri-Star45 trimaran

I just looked at a Marples at another site, and it does not have the accommodations my wife requires.

Please remove me from consideration, sorry for time lost, hope you find someone who wants and enjoys the boat.
Old 15-09-2011, 22:59   #9

Boat: hitchhiker 15 metre "Zenataos" ZenAndTheArtOfSailing
Send a message via Yahoo to zenataos

Just tried to purchase a cc35 in Seattle Washington. I intended to transport the partly completed boat and its component parts to Australia in a container. After a bit of mucking about was informed that it did not actually fit in a container after all. Could probably have used that information a bit earlier. Have no problem travelling to the States to purchase a boat and willing to invest extra to make a boat seaworthy for the trip back to Oz. You mentioned replacing the standing and running rigging, are there any other major problems with the boat? Am still on the lookout for a Newick Native but like the Marples as well. Do you have any pics of the interior, I have looked at the nine photos you have on flickr. My email address is zenataos @yahoo.com.au. Look forward to your reply.
Al.

Tags
sailing, sale, trimaran