Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 06:45   #1

Boat: Pearson 28
boat swap???????

I have a 1986 Pearson 28 in Lake Michigan and also have a 1989 Catalina 34 in coastal Alabama. I would love to sail in Croatia, the San Juan Islands, Italy, Australia, Tazzie (Hobart), and /or New Zealand but I don't want to sail to get there. Feel the same? Let's figure out a responsible, safe, secure way to swap boats. I have cruised a fair amount of lakes Michigan, Superior, Huron, and Erie. The North Channel and Georgian Bay(Huron) are spectacular, as is Door County, Wisconsin, northwestern Michigan and also the area near the Mackinaw Bridge. Alabama gulf coast thru the panhandle of Florida is simply gorgeous with white sand beaches(anchorages) and numerous marinas. One can sail the ocean or the well protected inter-coastal waterway. I could set up an itinerary that sounds good to you and you would do the same for me. Details such as references and insurance to be worked out but I would say of the cruisers I have met, 99% are good, honest people. This could work!
Old 10-04-2014, 18:29   #2

Boat: Sold Catalina 250
Re: boat swap???????

I have a trailerable Catalina 250 and would consider putting it in the San Juan island if someone wanted to pick up some of the expense and tow it there. I would use it just a few weeks. We could share the season.

Just a thought.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1397179717.976433.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	79123