Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 18:48   #16

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
I guess you don't need this stuff but it seems you just did this not too long ago.
It seems you keep buying stuff and then selling.
I don't understand it.
The batteries - why get rid of them?
The heater???
Old 08-07-2008, 18:56   #17

Boat: Sunkyong Marine Ltd. 37' Sedan Trawler - Savannah
I'd probably buy that fridge if I wasn't about to leave on my two week delivery/move. My old one finally bit the dust this week. Good luck with your auctions.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:59   #18
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
I guess you don't need this stuff but it seems you just did this not too long ago.
It seems you keep buying stuff and then selling.
I don't understand it.
The batteries - why get rid of them?
The heater???
Yes, life is strange like that. I'm sure an idiot and I'm certainly losing money I could have otherwise kept. Getting from Point A (not cruising) to Point B (cruising) is a very difficult road. My wife and I are always trying to find the best route, and we often make mistakes by heading down the wrong path. The sales are the result of our path "corrections" in life.

Wish I was better at finding my way in life, but alas... I goof up a lot.

Batteries: Got 6 new ones in my boat.
Heater: Bought a new Little Cod because I needed more BTUs. I will especially need those BTUs this winter in a catamaran.

On to the next adventure (or mistake?) ha ha

PS: Thank you, moderators for restoring this thread. I am sorry I got upset when it was pulled. I know people were following the rules and one hand was not necessarily following the other. I only had 3 hours sleep last night due to a rolly anchorage. I'm sure you all know what a captain Bligh that makes someone! Took a nap, and sanity has returned.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:00   #19
cruiser

WiFi kit has been spoken for by the first person that contacted me. If that person backs out for some reason (it will be paid and shipped out a week), I will let everyone know. If not, you all now know how to have a killer WiFi setup on your boat. Those are the parts you need.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:01   #20

Boat: O-Day 32 CC Slow Ride
wi-fi

Thanks! let me know, sounds like a good system, something i have been looking to put together myself but have not had the time!
Old 15-07-2008, 03:42   #21
cruiser

The auctions are closing today. To be honest, I'm a little scared because I've never seen such a poor turnout. I have $400 Iota DLS-90 IQ4's closing at $50.

The link to my eBay auction is in the 3rd post of this thread:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...78&postcount=6

Well, swoop on in and steal some of this stuff. It's more than dirt cheap. I'm screwed...
Old 15-07-2008, 04:41   #22
Building a Bateau TW28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bateau TW28 Long Cabin
Don't worry Sully! There's snipers like me out there watching! We swoop in with just seconds left to snatch up the deals!

I'm surprised the fridge went as high as quickly as it did. I wouldn't be surprised if you see that go a lot higher before the end of the auction.
Old 15-07-2008, 12:55   #23

Boat: 1973 Morgan 36T
Hey Sean I lost the bid on both Iota's. Somebody still got a good deal though.
How did the total sale go? Better, worse or about what you expected.

Good luck on future adventures man.

Paul
Old 15-07-2008, 16:15   #24
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Somehow I missed it all, there's just a pair of Trojan's let for sale now.
Old 15-07-2008, 16:17   #25
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Paul View Post
Hey Sean I lost the bid on both Iota's. Somebody still got a good deal though.
How did the total sale go? Better, worse or about what you expected.

Good luck on future adventures man.

Paul
Awww... that stinks. If I knew you wanted them, I would have just sold them directly to you.

Sorry about that.

It went badly. I sold maybe $5000-$6000 worth of stuff - 6-8 mos old - for $1200. I'm pretty upset, actually. I don't know what happened. I got screwed badly.

eBay has never done this to me before.
Old 16-07-2008, 05:28   #26

I mention this only because it might help you for future auctions Sean, but the shipping thing turned me off of bidding on the link 10. Not sure if you did the same thing on the other items, but I've been screwed before by ridiculous UPS store charges for packaging and handling, and I was uninterested in buying something when I couldn't know what the shipping/handling charges were going to be until after the auction.
Old 16-07-2008, 08:48   #27

Boat: Delphia 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssullivan View Post
It went badly. I sold maybe $5000-$6000 worth of stuff - 6-8 mos old - for $1200. I'm pretty upset, actually. I don't know what happened. I got screwed badly.

eBay has never done this to me before.
I got beat up pretty badly selling off a bunch of servers a few months ago, I think eBay has really slowed down with this whole economy business or something.
Old 16-07-2008, 11:26   #28
Building a Bateau TW28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bateau TW28 Long Cabin
There's a tremendous amount of surplus boat equipment on e-Bay right now. Companies like Great Lakes Skipper have upped their listings from 10K items to over 30K at times. I've been watching a lot of auctions intensely and have a good idea what I want to pay for something. A few of the sellers haven't caught on yet that there's a glut and yet adjusted their pricing. It'll come eventually though. Sully got caught with some bad timing. I feel for him with that but it's just a sign of the times. Good for buyers though!