Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-06-2015, 16:25   #1

Boat: C&L Sea Ranger 36, Columbia Payne 9.6
Albin Vega 27 (Los Angeles, CA) - Blue Water Pocket Cruiser

Price: $9,000 USD

Back on the market after local buyer fell through.

This Albin Vega (#385) is an excellent example of one of the toughest, most sought after pocket cruisers available. With a shoal draft and full keel, these are built to go anywhere without breaking the bank. The only reason I'm selling this vessel is because I purchased another Albin Vega 27 which has already been outfitted for long-term blue water cruising.

If you are unfamiliar with the Albin Vega, I encourage you to research more about them here: The Albin Vega 27 Sailboat : Bluewaterboats.org

This Vega has been left classically intact with original handmade wooden cleats around the vessel and brass rigging parts. It is located at Shoreline Marina in Long Beach, California. I am available anytime to show it. Since purchasing in August 2014, I have sailed it up from San Diego and taken it to Catalina multiple times with friends/family. It sails beautifully and has accommodated up to four adults on overnight trips.

Boat interior is in excellent condition. Exterior topside and deck has been left plain gelcoat/unpainted in order to make upkeep simple and easy. It isn't in perfect condition, but looks good when kept clean. Details and included kit:

Albin Vega #385 (built in 1969 by Larsson Marine)
- New bottom paint done in August 2014 (just dove down and checked on it June 11, it remains in perfect condition)
- 2 x dorades with boxes installed for keeping the cabin well-ventilated
- Stainless steel mast-step reinforcement plate, professionally installed (zero sag at mast-step)
- Battened main sail with decent life left, newer jib and genoa sails included in excellent condition (new custom made Sunbrella main cover and jib bag installed April 2015)
- Most important lines/halyards/sheets were replaced July 2014
- Barient brass winches in the cockpit
- Thru-hulls and seacocks replaced w/ new top shelf, solid brass parts in August 2014
- 2004 Yamaha 15 hp 4-stroke engine setup to charge batteries while running (original inboard engine removed which allows for exceptional storage space inside). Fed by stock, spun copper gas tank
- Cobra waterproof VHF radio w/ antenna mounted at top of mast
- Garmin 276cx GPS
- Raymarine ST1000+ auto-tiller pilot
- Garmin depth sounder/fish finder unit
- 12 volt outlets/USB chargers throughout the vessel
- Sound system installed April 2015 includes: new top-shelf Pioneer DEHX8600BH headunit (Bluetooth, 3.5mm Aux-in, CD, HD Radio) w/ am/fm marine antenna. Weather resistant speakers installed inside and out w/ additional standalone titanium tweeters installed inside
- Small nautical library which includes DIY boat maintenance and charts
- Functioning Head Mate toilet w/ holding tank (and new rebuild kit included)
- Functioning gimbaled 2-burner propane stove
- Functioning Cozy Cabin propane heater professionally installed
- New 2 x Whale MK3 fresh/salt water galley pumps (replaced in November 2014)
- Vessel outfitted with hanging closet and shelves w/ integrated hamper below
- New Lagun swiveling table mount (installed December 2014)
- New automatic Johnson bilge pump (installed October 2014)
- New automatic LED anchor light (turns on at dusk and off at dawn)
- New LED stern light, steaming, navigation lights and cabin lights
- New Guest 2611a dual battery charger (installed September 2014)
- 2 x marine gel batteries (#24 & #27)
- Permanently installed 400 watt power inverter (not some cheap cigarette lighter type)
- 2 x anchor rode lines, both are chain w/ nylon rope
- 2 x Danforth anchors, 1 x Bruce anchor, 1 x mushroom anchor with dedicated rode
- The usual assortment of extras including dock fenders, spares, emergency kits (flares/first aid kit/thru-hull plug/valves/fittings/fire extinguishers), extra lines thick and thin, extra brass/stainless steel hardware small/large/long/short

- Various other parts available upon negotiation: Avon RedStart hypalon dinghy or Achilles LSI-104 hypalon inflatable floor dinghy, Yamaha 4-stroke 2.5 hp or Tohatsu 2-stroke 8 hp outboard engine, stainless steel Magma grill

Since purchasing this vessel I was fully committed to taking it on a global circumnavigation beginning 2017. I did an extensive amount of restoration work, everything was done for reliability, simplicity, liveaboard comfort/convenience and with the intent of taking it off-shore. As mentioned the only reason I have decided to sell it is I purchased a (significantly more expensive) Albin Vega that was already fitted with all the off-shore bells and whistles, so that I might have a chance of beginning my trip in 2016 rather than waiting until 2017.

This Albin Vega could use some brightwork (wood re-finishing) which I started but have not completed. If you would like a show boat, a paint job and new window rubbers would go a long way. Works great as is, with very little maintenance requirement. You can purchase this boat and sail to Catalina the next day (same day if you were so inclined). It will be ready to change owners on June 25 (will be in Catalina from June 22 - 24).

Delivery available upon negotiation.
Old 26-06-2015, 15:28   #2

Boat: C&L Sea Ranger 36, Columbia Payne 9.6
Re: Albin Vega 27 (Los Angeles, CA) - Blue Water Pocket Cruiser

It's with mixed emotions that I report this vessel is sold.

Tags
Albin Vega, cruise, cruiser, pocket cruiser, water