Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 08:20   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Fidji, 42
42 ft. Cat for Sale in Caribbean

GENERAL DISCRIPTION
The boat was first owned by Pajot of Fountaine Pajot, which is why it has stainless steel water and fuel tanks. It was designed and built to be a fast boat prior to the four cabins, four heads requirements of the charter industry. As the second owner I added a fiberglass arch and extended the transoms increasing the boat length from 39 to 42 ft. The added length at the waterline increased boat speed sail and the large steps made boarding much easier. The arch allows the dinghy to be lifted high out of the water and tilted if necessary to protect it from following seas. There are tools on board necessary to maintain and/or overhaul the diesels, sail drives, and whatever else needs work. I’m willing to spend time with the new owner going over everything from the diesels and electrical system to sailing with an oversize jib. It is in the lagoon in St. Maarten ready to cruise the Caribbean and will be sold as a turnkey along with all spares, tools, etc., except those personal items I take with me when I leave.

Dimensions
Length 42 ft
Beam: 21 ft.
LWL: 41 ft. 11 in.
Draft:4 ft
Displacement: 15,000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 65 ft.
100 gallons of water
50 gallons of diesel

INTERIOR DETAILS
It has two large singles forward and two doubles aft plus a head on the port side plus a nav. station and smaller head on the starboard side. The cabin has two entrance doors on either side of the galley. The galley has a three burner propane stove and a propane refrigerator and a two tub stainless sink. There are cabinets above and below the countertop. Across from the galley is a seating area and table that could seat up to eight people. The center support for the table contains a large storage area and there is a useful shelf behind the seat cushions.

DECK HARDWARE
There are seven winches and one anchor windlass. The primary anchor is a 45 lb. stainless steel CQR type on about 160 feet of 10 mm. chain plus two additional anchors at 35 lb. and 25 lb. There is about 110 ft. of anchor line and chain for the spare anchor.

ELECTRICAL
It has a 12 v. electrical systems with two battery banks and three inverters, 1,500 watt, 400 watt, and 175 watt. The large control panel has 29 circuit breakers, two analog ammeters and a digital voltmeter. Connecting to shore power is through a 40 amp. 110 v. battery charger. If only 220/240 v. is available, there is a 2,000 watt, 240/110 v transformer that can bring it down. The six gallon hot water heater draws heat from the starboard engine or can run off 110 v. shore power. The electric windlass can be operated from the foredeck switch or the switch by the engine controls.
The electronic equipment consists of a Raymarine smart pilot working off the wheel with an added rudder transducer, an Advansea depth sounder, an Advansea wind angle and speed instrument, a Koden high-definition radar, an ICOM 700 SSB radio receiver, a Garmin 126 gps, a HP 6230 computer, a Uniden 25 watt VHF, and a Uniden 5 watt handheld VHF. The GPS is connected to the computer, giving all navigation information at a glance. Using a propane fridge enables a 48 watt Seimens solar panel to maintain the two battery banks. This equipment has either been installed recently or there are spares for backup. For example, there is a spare radome and radar display unit plus an additional autopilot drive unit for the wheel and control head.

SAILS
The sails consist of an oversize jib, a fully battened mainsail, and an expendable spinnaker with sock. Going downwind I like to run with double reefed main and the large jib sheeted outside of the sidestay which acts as a whisker pole. As a single-hander I do not recommend the spinnaker for anything but light winds.

ENGINE
I replaced the original two cylinder Volvo Penta 2002 diesels with three cylinder Volvo Perkins MD2020 C and D engines. These are much smoother running and seem to require less fuel than the older models. The saildrives have been well maintained over the years and there is a complete saildrive spare onboard.

Cockpit Equipment
Tender is an 9 ft Caribe RIB
Outboards are a Yamaha 8 hp and a Marina 3.3 hp
There a number of lifejackets on board
Two flare guns, 25 mm. and 12 mm.
A 17 in. by 11 in. propane barbecue with 20 lb. tank
20 lb propane tank for the stove and fridge plus one spare
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT2~1.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	37047  
Old 06-02-2012, 08:25   #2

Boat: Kanter 52' cutter
Re: 42 ft. Cat for Sale in Caribbean

And the asking price is..............
Old 06-02-2012, 08:26   #3

What year is the boat?

Engine hours?

Sail condition/when were they made?
Old 06-02-2012, 08:29   #4

Boat: Tartan 37

I just glanced over your ad, so I may have missed the following:

1. Year built (age of vessel)?
2. Price?
3. Is there a URL with other photos?

Thanks and good luck!
Darby
Old 07-02-2012, 07:32   #5

Additional information on Cochi, 42 ft. Cat for sale.
Price: $189,000, built in 1988
Engine hours: I do valve jobs when required by compression checks during injector tip cleaning. They are all within specs.
Sails: The mainsail was cut from the original at Incidences in Martinique and is in good shape. The jib was cut down from a new sail for a Tartan 37 and is large enough that I no longer use the spinnaker. The spinnaker was damaged when due to high wind I couldn't bring it down with the spinnaker sock. As a single-hander I decided it was too much to deal with and I haven't used it since it was repaired.
I will try post a few more pictures. I can email others by request.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:40   #6

Additional Pictures of 42 ft. Catamaran for sale in Caribbean
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cochi Pictures 004.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	411.0 KB
ID:	37089   Click image for larger version

Name:	In the fast lane.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	410.7 KB
ID:	37090  

Name:	Cochi Pictures 007.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	395.2 KB
ID:	37091   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cochi.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	463.7 KB
ID:	37092  

Old 07-02-2012, 07:49   #7

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,

[QUOTE=Caribsailor;881577]Additional information on Cochi, 42 ft. Cat for sale.
--------------
Engine hours: I do valve jobs when required by compression checks during injector tip cleaning. They are all within specs.
---------QUOTE]
So? how many hours on the engine?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:55   #8

Thumbs up Re: 42 ft. Cat for Sale in Caribbean

[QUOTE=Alecadi;881594]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribsailor View Post
Additional information on Cochi, 42 ft. Cat for sale.
--------------
---------QUOTE]
So? how many hours on the engine?
The digital engine hour counters on the tachometers don't work. I put in the starboard MD2020C in 2000 and the port MD020D in 2005. I use the starboard engine to generate hot water in the six gallon stainless hot water tank. I estimate about 200 hours per year on the starboard engine and 50 hours per year on the port.

Tags
Caribbean, sale