Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-10-2013, 10:15   #1

Boat: Privilege 39'
1992 PRIVILEGE 39’ Catamaran

Located in La Paz, Mexico this excellent example of a versatile and capable cruising catamaran, is equipped with desirable items for care free life aboard and is ready for new owners. Magic is truly a “Turn Key” boat. Please visit our blog to learn all about s/v MAGIC: magiccatamaran.blogspot.com
Magic's Key Features:

• Complete sail wardrobe with fully battened main, 2 jibs, yankee, and 2 spinnakers
• Over sized anchoring platform with electric windlass, multiple anchors, and chain rode
• New standing rigging -- everything replaced Pin to Pin in 2012 including all turnbuckles. Rigging is swaged at both ends (work done at Svendsen's Rig Shop in Alameda, to rigger's requirements).
Volvo 2030 B engines both rebuilt in 2011; 300 hours on each engine
• New topside paint on boat
Power management options include 2 solar panels (for 430 watts), wind generator, and 2 high output alternators for plenty of power while underway. A Honda generator is used with a Spectra watermaker.
• Toys including 2 sit on top kayaks, boogie boards, wetsuits, snorkel and fishing gear.
• Fully equipped kitchen and furnished staterooms
• Complete sun protection with extensive shade awnings; full set of summer canvas
• Extras including spare parts, complete tool chest, Sailrite sewing machine, Brownies 3rd lung, and more
For Sale Price $178,000
Reasonable Offers Welcome
Old 29-10-2013, 14:15   #2

Re: 1992 PRIVILEGE 39’ Catamaran

Yah, seems a bit high considering the overall markets today.. But, looks like a nice cat, regardless.. Good luck..
Old 30-10-2013, 05:48   #3

The three of you have only addressed the price. Magic is now on the East Coast or Caribbean. She is not tired. Please look at all the upgrades, extras, spares, gear for off shore anywhere.
Thank you for the "good Luck" message.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:43   #4

Excuse me, in the previous post I meant to say: "Magic in NOT on the East Coast..." (and it read: "now on the East Cost..."). She is still in La Paz, BCS, Mexico.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:00   #5

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn. Wooly View Post
The three of you have only addressed the price. Magic is now on the East Coast or Caribbean. She is not tired. Please look at all the upgrades, extras, spares, gear for off shore anywhere.
Thank you for the "good Luck" message.
No offense, just trying to be helpful. She doesnt have a built in generator, no mention of Ac , age of sails, life raft needs recert. No interior pics at website, I admit she looks good in the exterior pics! It mentions ssb antenna and tuner but mention of ssb unless I miss it. No navionics/ gps or plotter or radar? How many hours on sail drives if engines needed rebuild?
And she is $30k more than a beautiful model here in Fl that has a near new genny and is fully equipped. If you are serious about selling may want to reconsider some things . Just my 2 cents, And just trying to be helpful.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:24   #6

No A/C. 7 Fans. Main is 11 years old but little used and still stout. Genoa & jib 3 years. Spin & Asy. both used and don't know age but ok. Icom 710 SSB/Ham w/Pactor 3 modem. Furuno radar and GPS. Sail drives are original and serviced last year. 3 years ago the Stb. engine got a plastic bag over the water intake and got cooked. Total re-build with new head, rings, bearings. Port engine also re-done to be sure both strong.
Considering all the extras, spares, tools, dive gear, sewing machine, etc., you pay for what you get. Few cats on West Coast for sale too.
More pictures to come soon..
Old 01-11-2013, 09:20   #7
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

You see, it's a bargain..... Mainsail only 11 years old!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:42   #8

Excuse me but, I am not just looking at the price. I've owned 8 boats so far and I think I'm experienced enough to look past a price. I did go through your entire list and I still think you are a bit high, considering the current market with other like and/or better cats out there.. Good luck
Old 01-11-2013, 18:31   #9

You're excused. My brokers thought I was nuts until they came and saw Magic for them selves. It'll be up on Yacht World next week and their photos and descriptions will be better than ours on the blog.If all your concerned about is price, then this isn't the boat for you.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:16   #10

Boat: 36' solaris sunrise catamaran
Smile Re: 1992 PRIVILEGE 39’ Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn. Wooly View Post
You're excused. My brokers thought I was nuts until they came and saw Magic for them selves. It'll be up on Yacht World next week and their photos and descriptions will be better than ours on the blog.If all your concerned about is price, then this isn't the boat for you.
This site is FULL of TROLL's. Do not take any notice of them. Your Cat looks stunning and hope that you sell her quickly.

Peter
Old 02-11-2013, 07:03   #11

Thank you for your encouragement. I'm actually not looking for a "quick" sale, as I really enjoy Magic a lot. It's just there are other things to do in life.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:56   #12

It's true this site is full of people who have dreams and not enough cash for them and think they can fix up a shitter for $5k (more like $50k). The right buyer who's been around the block understands cheap boats are usually tired liabilities and 'someone else's problem'. Hold out for your price.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:07   #13
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster View Post
It's true this site is full of people who have dreams and not enough cash for them and think they can fix up a shitter for $5k (more like $50k). The right buyer who's been around the block understands cheap boats are usually tired liabilities and 'someone else's problem'. Hold out for your price.
At least 47% of us for sure.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivonia View Post
This site is FULL of TROLL's. Do not take any notice of them. Your Cat looks stunning and hope that you sell her quickly. Peter
To be honest, the only thing holding us back from seriously considering this yacht is the location. I'm sure there are plenty of people looking in that area. The condition, accessories and all this boat comes with screams a far cheaper refit than one that's stripped to the deck and selling for cheaper in Florida, which is why we haven't considered one like this in Florida.

Good luck with your sale. She's a gorgeous yacht.
Old 02-11-2013, 21:32   #15

Boat: Privilege P43

Was this boat really built by Alliaura? In 1992?

Tags
catamaran, privilege