Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-09-2012, 16:28   #1

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
Refrigerator & Freezer & Icemaker

Helia 44 has three Refrigerator & Freezers

An Icemaker can be added just outside the sliding doors on the left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA050124.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	329.1 KB
ID:	47881   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA050125.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	328.5 KB
ID:	47882  

Name:	PA050127.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	366.2 KB
ID:	47883   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA050137.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	47884  

Name:	PA050142.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	378.0 KB
ID:	47885   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA050143.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	334.9 KB
ID:	47886  

Name:	PA050144.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	388.0 KB
ID:	47887  
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2014, 08:12   #2

Community Sponsor

Helia 44 Icemaker

An Icemaker can be added to the Helia 44 just outside the sliding doors on the left.

It's a really sweet upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Helia 44 Icemaker.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	88669  
Old 23-09-2014, 11:57   #3

Re: Refrigerator & Freezer & Icemaker

You can also use that space as a kegerator for a 1/6 size keg of beer and install a stainless tap tower on the counter over it. I am in the process of designing that for mine and will post pictures when it is done. Ice is nice, but cold beer brings cheer.
Helia Libelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 09:57   #4

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Helia

There have been some questions raised in other threads about the effectiveness/power draw of the salon fridge and the need for an additional vent at the top of the fridge. We are in La Rochelle picking up our boat, and they are now installing a second vent standard from the factory. Sorry for the bad pic, but sun was in a bad position.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7179.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	407.6 KB
ID:	90463  
StarryHorizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 17:11   #5

Boat: 2015 Fountaine Pajot SABA 50

Yea, I am glad they listened to me on the extra fridge vent... heh he
As if..... he heh....

FYI, my Icemaker is just aft of the Port companionway down to the port two cabins... Just to the left, s.s. icemaker, works a treat!!!

The position shown on mine under the helm just outside to starboard in the cockpit, is home to another fridge for drinks and such...

Freezer is what I put on mine, just the same in the galley island, F.P. listened to me again !!!! heh he...... (as if)....
Helia 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:42   #6
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Fountain Pajot, He'lia 44
Send a message via Skype™ to Gordon

We also installed the very same vent last year with a small addition, a computer fan mounted behind the screen with a micro on off switch on the panel and it runs whenever the motor runs or you may select the fan off if the noise intrudes at any time. Also we had a much larger vent placed behind the top side drawer in the top of this cabinet area. This all made a big difference to the freezer running times.
We sent through images to FP as we also felt this was a worthy upgrade. It's great to see a boat builder taking note of customer feed back.
With our additional solar, now 800W we see up to 40Amps going in on sunny days and the 750 Ah battery bank much happier.
Gordon.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:17   #7

Boat: PT-11

Is there a way to vent that hot air out of the cabin? I would not want the condenser's heat added to the cabin in the tropics.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
SVNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 16:39   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVNeko View Post
Is there a way to vent that hot air out of the cabin? I would not want the condenser's heat added to the cabin in the tropics.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Hello Neko, nice to hear from you again,
Look, the problem is not so much when you are there, but when the boat is locked up when you are away. The Helia 44 has a fairly large eyebrow over the two front opening Lewmar hatches, but you could not leave them open as you would suffer rain damage. You need hatches that you can leave open, so here is the system I invented, and the hatches have just arrived here today..

This is another problem for tropicalizing the Helia that the French could make money on... I mean listen up F.P: You can charge for it as an option for Fountaine Pajot.. For when you are parked up or at anchor and not home, in tropical regions, when the boat is on the dock and locked up for security, the main salon runs about 8 degrees hotter. There are no hatches you can leave open, without risk of rain damage if you are not there, so this is what I have designed to suit Tropical climes: Up under the front eyebrow over the two opening hatches either side of the mast, you really could use a matching Lewmar hatch about 200 high and 400 wide, one each side.. I forget the exact measurements but they match the width and style of the existing hatches.. I ordered them to match colour and width with screen than can stay open even in hard rain if you are not there... (Covered by the Helia eyebrow in the front).. Then: A third one over the galley, cut into the fixed Lexan window panel up very high on the right hand side of the sink on that fixed window, same matching, and the whole bridge deck main salon will have good ventilation even when closed up. This will save the main power drain of the refrigeration.. as closed up it gets about 5-8 degrees warmer in there if you are not there. I have order all three, matching style and size to the existing, in black framed Lewmar. (special order). Mine are here now, and I will hopefully have them mounted before it gets any hotter this summer (Southern Hemisphere summer getting hot now in November.)

Kind regards, Helia 44 in Australia
Old 14-11-2014, 06:42   #9

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Helia 44
Re: Helia 44 Icemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotemar View Post
An Icemaker can be added to the Helia 44 just outside the sliding doors on the left.

It's a really sweet upgrade.
Does anyone have the Brand and model info for the icemaker pictured in this thread?

s/v Let It Be
onthehook17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 00:09   #10

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Helia

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthehook17 View Post
Does anyone have the Brand and model info for the icemaker pictured in this thread?
I'm not sure exactly what icemaker is pictured, but one of the contractors we've been working with for our Florida projects has suggested this one:

U-Line Stainless Icemaker: ULN SS98-03
StarryHorizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 08:15   #11

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lipari 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryHorizons View Post
I'm not sure exactly what icemaker is pictured, but one of the contractors we've been working with for our Florida projects has suggested this one:

U-Line Stainless Icemaker: ULN SS98-03

I installed that Ice Maker, the boat is Wide Ranger hull number two. The ice maker is this one. The wood trim ring was custom made as the surface is not plumb. The installer will also have to cut the wall behind the opening for the ice maker. I made a shelve under the ice maker to support and pulled water from under the galley sink. I put a t and a shut off valve. The unit is 110 volt and you will need a suitable inverter to run it when the generator and or shore power is not available.

SS1095 14ā€¯ Marine Crescent Ice Maker - Marine Series - Products

Jay
captainjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 18:00   #12

Community Sponsor

Refrigerator & Freezer & Icemaker

Helia 44 owners,

We have used an AcuRite Digital Refrigerator/Freezer Thermometer with Temperature Alerts
Model: 00986A2 on our FP Mahe 36 for 7 years and it worked perfect.

We have setup a new one on our Helia44, so we know that our food is staying out of the Danger Zone, your fridge must be set between 32-40° F (0-4 degrees Celsius). Your freezer must be below 32° F (0° Celsius).

You can buy them for around $30 usd and you can use one sensor in the Refrigerator and the other sensor in the freezer

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7-19-2016 8-36-17 PM.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	128063   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7160196.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	399.2 KB
ID:	128064  

Name:	P7170215.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	406.9 KB
ID:	128065   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7170217.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	348.0 KB
ID:	128066  

Old 20-07-2016, 11:15   #13

Boat: PT-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helia 44 View Post
Hello Neko, nice to hear from you again,
Look, the problem is not so much when you are there, but when the boat is locked up when you are away. The Helia 44 has a fairly large eyebrow over the two front opening Lewmar hatches, but you could not leave them open as you would suffer rain damage. You need hatches that you can leave open, so here is the system I invented, and the hatches have just arrived here today..

This is another problem for tropicalizing the Helia that the French could make money on... I mean listen up F.P: You can charge for it as an option for Fountaine Pajot.. For when you are parked up or at anchor and not home, in tropical regions, when the boat is on the dock and locked up for security, the main salon runs about 8 degrees hotter. There are no hatches you can leave open, without risk of rain damage if you are not there, so this is what I have designed to suit Tropical climes: Up under the front eyebrow over the two opening hatches either side of the mast, you really could use a matching Lewmar hatch about 200 high and 400 wide, one each side.. I forget the exact measurements but they match the width and style of the existing hatches.. I ordered them to match colour and width with screen than can stay open even in hard rain if you are not there... (Covered by the Helia eyebrow in the front).. Then: A third one over the galley, cut into the fixed Lexan window panel up very high on the right hand side of the sink on that fixed window, same matching, and the whole bridge deck main salon will have good ventilation even when closed up. This will save the main power drain of the refrigeration.. as closed up it gets about 5-8 degrees warmer in there if you are not there. I have order all three, matching style and size to the existing, in black framed Lewmar. (special order). Mine are here now, and I will hopefully have them mounted before it gets any hotter this summer (Southern Hemisphere summer getting hot now in November.)

Kind regards, Helia 44 in Australia
Hi Helia 44, this is brilliant. I am often puzzled why manufacturers don't design in all-weather ventilation that you can leave open when away from the boat. Freeflow has a system but they don't give enough details about whether you can close it or screen bugs out of it or how it keeps water out.
SVNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 11:39   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

I bought my Accurite on Amazon.
You will see reviews that say that you need a special type of battery for the freezer sensor, but mine has worked great with just regular disposable alkalines

a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 17:19   #15

SVNeko,

Helia 44 "AVALON" here in Mooloolaba Harbour, Australia...

I have a large Topic on this, with pictures, completed, down in pages below and it is called IMPROVEMENTS IN THE HELIA 44... You might want to have a look at the matching hatches and finish, and I also show you the strength of the forward part of the bridge deck leading wall surface with the cut outs.. It really works a treat, and "AVALON" looks better on the inside for the addition as it was really a blank spot. No structural loss, the hatches are very stout.. They are almost always open unless we are going out of a bar in seas, or in foul weather. Dockside the eyebrow is so large no rain comes in even in storms..

You just have to remember to close them when washing the foredeck...

Kind regards from Australia...

Tags
freezer, icemaker, refrigerator