Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-03-2019, 06:22   #181

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36
Re: Owners

Thank You I'll take a look.

On my starboard side the fuse box is behind the refrigerator. on the bulkhead next to the head.
Old 19-03-2019, 07:47   #182

Boat: Mahé 36

Yep, that's the standard position for the starboard fuse box
sailingjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:40   #183

Boat: FP Mahe 36 Duo

Hello Mahe's

Dream come true: after years of gazing longingly at Yachtworld.com and this forum I am the proud (and broke owner of hull 174, manufacture date May 2015!

It's kind of a shame the forum is not as active as it once was, with all the new owners and insightful contributions. That could be because the Mahe is out of production or possibly many of the original owners were retired and had a bit more free time. Or maybe they are all out sailing, here's hoping...

I'm new to this boat (previous was a 1970 Sailcraft Apache 41, https://www.sailingtexas.com/ssailcraft41a.html) and probably won't have a lot of time to contribute since I'm still a working stiff, but I may find a few interesting things to post from time to time.

Brandon
S/V Sati
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	200886  
Kasanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 15:55   #184

Hello Brandon. Congratulations on your new purchase. They're a great boat and easy to maintain. Reach out anytime if you have questions that are not covered in the 8 zillion messages on both Mahe strings. Good luck.
Ken
Kazamaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 17:00   #185

Boat: FP Mahe 36

Hey fellow Mahe sailors....

Haven't been here in a while, hope there are still some Mahe owners following this thread.
Been a difficult summer sailing season here in SW Florida, but now that hurricane season is almost past the sails will be unfurled and Sail La Vie will be heading for destinations unknown.
It would be nice to hear from other Mahe owners, and see how these great little Cats are holding up.

Fair Winds and Following Seas ⛵
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 18:42   #186

Hello Yellowdog. Hope weather cooperates for you down that way. I'm on the Chesapeake getting in some awesome fall sailing. Will be winterizing toward the end of November if temps cooperat Have you ever sailed up this way? I still do into the Mahe forum on occasio. Helped some folks out last year that were having some rudder bearing issues. My boat holding up well. Some odds n ends but nothing major. Hope to head your way in the spring.....we'll see.

Ken
Kazamaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 22:03   #187

Hey Ken....

What is this "winterizing" you speak of ?
Oh yeah, I remember now, used to have to do that when sailing in the Hudson Valley in a different lifetime.....

I had to replace rudder bearings after a soft grounding some time back. Darn sandbars move around after storms here in the often thin waters of coastal southwest Florida. Was happy to see that original manufacture replacement parts are available and easy to get. Other than some electronic up grades and worn out sunbrella, that's all I've done. My 3.5 Nextgen eats capacitors but gets little use as the A/C is only on at the dock.

Forget the winterizing, sail south now, don't wait for spring.

Ray
Old 02-11-2019, 07:46   #188

Anyone have any experience with the front saloon windows separating from the bulkhead ? Seems that during periods of direct Florida sunlight, the window heats up, expands, and a small separation appears at the bottom. Any ideas on how to prevent this short of removal and resetting the entire window....
Thanx,
Ray
Old 02-11-2019, 14:16   #189

Boat: Switch 51 #10
Re: Front windows

When our Mahé #88 was 2 years old, in 2010, both front windows separated from the bulkhead at the bottom side. The length of the separation was more than 1/2 meter. It happened at sea. We were on our way to Norway; a temporary repair was done by the Dutch dealer's technician. The second window failed later that year, I did a temporary repair myself.

Cause was most probably the quality of the surface preparation during production.
The repair was carried out begin 2011 under warranty by the Dutch FP dealer and his technician, I assisted. It was a 3-person job during 1.5 day.

Both front windows were completely removed, with a special cutting tool that is something like a guitar string with 2 grips on the ends. Old glue removed, sanded, special primers, and re-glued with the special glue supplied by FP.
Glueing was done in 2 phases: first to keep the windows in place, with slightly insufficient glue; the next morning to fill the remaining gap.

The windows were pulled round and kept in place with suction pads. Ropes were tensioned from the suction pads to interior parts of the boat. I tried to find pictures but didn't find them.
This solved the problem completely. As far as I know until now the new owner has had no issues.
Jef & Marin, Netherlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 14:23   #190

Boat: Switch 51 #10
Front windows part II

In our case the hot sun had nothing to do with it, we mainly sailed in Northern Europe. The year it failed we sailed to Norway and the Shetlands, Orkneys and Scotland.
I would always do a full-removal repair; that is the only way to keep the boat seaworthy. Imagine the windows failing in rough weather with waves going over the bow and foredeck.

Waves can also have a suction effect, pulling the windows off the boat. It seems this has just happened with the Bavaria 50 on it's way from Tonga to New Zealand. A big side window was pulled out by a breaking wave. It was impossible to save the boat from flooding, one person died.
Jef & Marin, Netherlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 22:56   #191

Looking for a used Mahe Trio

Hi everyone, I'm sorry to post this here! But I'm trying to hook up with an owner who might sell his Mahe.

Looking for a used Mahe Trio in Europe.
Any hints of somebody selling his boat would be awesome!

Many greetings Andi
SUI10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:59   #192

Boat: 2017 Leopard 40

Andi, did you check this one on YW?

https://www.yachtworld.de/Boote/2012...nced%20listing
Old 06-11-2019, 00:04   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscis View Post
Andi, did you check this one on YW?

https://www.yachtworld.de/Boote/2012...nced%20listing
Yes that would be it!
But unfortunatly my budget is a bit lower. 140k Euro max.
SUI10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:38   #194

Boat: 2017 Leopard 40

This boat is listed there for a long time. You should talk to the offering brooker and make an offer which fits your budget... you have nothing to loose...
Old 25-11-2019, 07:53   #195

Hi All,

Proud new owner of hull #91 2008 Mahe located in Naples Fl.

Hull #91 Schonewolf, Joe, "4 Divin", Naples / FL / USA

Yellowdog where in southwest florida are you would love to meet up.

Joe
Sailing4Divin is offline   Reply With Quote