Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-05-2018, 14:27   #91

Re: Hatches, Windows and Ventilation

The main door lock on our "new to us" Evolution came broken, the plastic fitting that the port door lock fitting screws into had cracked. My high schooler was able to fabricate a better than original replacement on a 3D printer. So if anyone needs this little piece let me know and I can have him fab some more up for a couple bucks to cover shipping.
14murs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 19:19   #92

Boat: Mahe 36

Can anyone provide measurements of the engine room hatch facing aft? I would like to get some hailing port decals made up and just need the width.

Thanks

Scott
SVAscension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 09:45   #93

Anybody know how to get a Lewmar low profile hatch apart to replace the acrylic?

Stumped … Trev
Rogue Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 10:04   #94

What model do you have? I’ve done it before and found the reassembly tough.

When I did, there were Allen screws on the sides or maybe the bottom of the hatch lid. Remove the screws and pull the frame apart releasing the seal and window. New seal and window go in, coat the gasket with some rubber safe slip n slide substance. Then start the rebuilding process. It’s a tight fit.

It takes a lot of gentle force to put it all back together. Key word gentle. Like strong but firm.

You’ll want it on a cloth covered work bench. I used a rubber mallet and 2 ratchet straps to slowly bring both halves of the frame together.

Be super careful with the gasket. Also be sure that the seam on the gasket is directed aft or down. Yes that’s right, make sure the SEAM in the gasket is positioned in such a way that less water is allowed to leak in.

Reattach the lid and test for leaks. Once a leak is found start the process all over.
JC Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 10:05   #95

Boat: L420

For Lewmar, pop off plastic hinge covers, remove hinge spacers, release the hinges and remove from frame. Invert the hatch and soak the 8 fasteners, 4 each side, 2 in each side of the frame with break free penetrant for a day or so. Remove fasteners, and work the two half’s apart. A rubber mallet helps. Expect to replace some hinges and bars that slide into the frames, the parts are not inexpensive. Plan to spend some time on this. To reassemble 2 sliding clamps are helpful. Use dish soap to lube up the gasket.
AB808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 22:57   #96

I am trying to replace the acrylic on three sizes of low profile Lewmar hatches LP 10, LP 30 and LP 44. The LP 10 have the Allen key arrangement that is shown in the accompanying brochure (strong steel items with holes for the insertion of an Allen key), and the hingers can be adjusted so that the acrylic replacement can be done. But the LP 30 and LP 44 have aluminum items, no Allen key could ever apply force to undo these. Also, trying to hold them with vice grips doesn't work as they just distort. Any clue about how to get them apart?

Regards … Trev
Rogue Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 13:09   #97

Boat: FP Mahe 36

Anybody have any information on Goiot replacement parts ? The hinge pins on my 44C hatches on the bow compartments of my FP Mahe 36 have degraded to a point where the hatches are now sloppy and leak. It appears that the replacement friction pins a rather expensive !
Are there any after market or DIY suggestion ?
Thanx for any help,
Ray
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:44   #98

Boat: FP Mahe 36

Me again....
Anyone have any experience with the front saloon windows separating from the bulkhead ? Seems that during periods of direct Florida sunlight, the window heats up, expands, and a small separation appears at the bottom. Any ideas on how to prevent this short of removal and resetting the entire window....
Thanx,
Ray
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:47   #99

Boat: FP Mahe 36 Duo

I was able to source the parts I needed for my 2015 Mahe for the sliding door, described as "Light door without spring closing mechanism – LG400 type" from RigRite:

1 Goi 120098 meg Sliding Door cylinder / lock
1 Goi 118031 meg Sliding Door Rollers kit
4 Goi 119923 meg Sliding Door Cover
2 Goi 120168 meg Sliding Door Brake

After fruitless attempts to get copies of the key made in PR or Colorado Springs, or order key blanks, I finally decided to order the whole assembly.

As an ex-charter boat, this had the added benefit of changing the lock in case there are any other keys floating around that I do not know about.

With the cylinder the stateside locksmith was able to make up a few more spare keys for me.

The Goiot tech support page + Google translate was tedious but in the end a a great help:

Technical Support ~ Goiot Systems

Sincerely,
Brandon Mayfield
S/V Sati
Old 13-05-2021, 03:15   #100

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: FP Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotemar View Post
The adhesive FP uses is standard automotive window glass adhesive with one difference.
The windows are not glass, so a primer has to be used on just the window so the adhesive will bond.

Note:the outside of the plastic sheets are painted black for 2” around the periphery of the window so the UV light from the sun will not break down the adhesive.

On a car the adhesive is covered by metal or plastic trim, so the adhesive will not break down, but on our boat the edges are exposed to the suns UV light which is not good.

Solution:That has worked for me.

1) Must be done when at the dock or on the hard. Doing this from your dingy would be too hard.
2) Install painters tape around the window to make cleanup easier. This stuff can be messy.
3) Coat the exposed black window adhesive edges with marine silicon. I used Black “LifeSeal Sealant” made by Boatlife over a year ago and all is well with no problems.
4) Remove the painters tape while the sealant is still wet. Pull off at an angle away from window.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the FP window info. for your future use.

1) ACRYLITE GP acrylic sheet is a cell-cast acrylic sheet 3/8 thickness

2) Dow Automotive BETAMATE7120 Single-component, high-viscosity, atmospheric humidity-curing polyurethane bonding/sealing compound for high-strength, permanently elastic adhesive joints. Apply ½ thick and squeezed out to 3/8 when window is installed

3) Dow Automotive Betaprime 5404 Pinchweld and encapsulation Primer. Used only on the plastic window sheet. Lightly scotbright 2” around bounding edge and apply this primer onto the sanded 2” area around the outer edge

Mark
Need to reseal one of the windows on the outside of the hulls.
Got the Dow+Betaprime but cannot get seal life here in Europe.
Can I use Skiaflex 295UV to seal the edges from UV or what is better thats available here in Europe?
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 13:42   #101

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36

We also have an opening window behind the mast, which seems adequate.
Kiwicrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahe 36