Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 09:44   #1

BlueNEXT BN-903s GPS Dongle

I'm trying to get this dongle to work with openCPN. I thought it would be a good cost effective back-up.

There are one or two differences in the set-up and I was wondering if anyone else knows of whether or not these will determine compatibility or cause conflict. Firstly the baud rate is 9,600 bps and I don't even know what that means and secondly in device manager the driver is Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge(COM4) which I assume is the proprietary driver for this device. These are obviously different to the gps mouse BU-353 example given in the GPS set-up section in opencpn help.

Does anyone know if this device is or is not compatible or could it be with the right driver or plug in perhaps?

Rgds
Simon
simonrdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:57   #2

Re: BlueNEXT BN-903s GPS Dongle

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonrdc View Post
I'm trying to get this dongle to work with openCPN. I thought it would be a good cost effective back-up.

There are one or two differences in the set-up and I was wondering if anyone else knows of whether or not these will determine compatibility or cause conflict. Firstly the baud rate is 9,600 bps and I don't even know what that means and secondly in device manager the driver is Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge(COM4) which I assume is the proprietary driver for this device. These are obviously different to the gps mouse BU-353 example given in the GPS set-up section in opencpn help.

Does anyone know if this device is or is not compatible or could it be with the right driver or plug in perhaps?

Rgds
Simon
its working, a good investment!
simonrdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gps