Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Challenges
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2014, 20:13   #16

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: What Model of Boat is This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailcruiser View Post
Holy crow Celestial, did the owner choose those colors on the photo John Heatlys434? It looks like a box of crayons!
SC
We had LPU'd white. He sold it to a guy and I think he sold it to a pack of hippies. They did that paint job.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 08:35   #17

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Huh?...guess the op is busy with his new free boat.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 23:04   #18

?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 13:58   #19

It's a Hertz OD

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 14:36   #20

Boat: custom freedom 42

I was just readi g threw this one and figured i would fit in and agree there are no..NO free boats....However i do belive that if you start with minimal cost and dont mind the labor your in for an adventure and alot of self satisfaction i agree its theraputic in a way if you enjoy sleeping with a fiberglass itch but i think we will all agree that there is nothing more gratifying than saying yep I did that....im 31 a master mechanic on European cars and decided that it was time for my yep i did that story so working my 40hr a week job every weekend for 2 years spent the nite on my $600 derlict .... Had minimal knowledge of sailing a 40 ft boat and am soon to try to rent my house and cruse from jville fl into the clear waters of the carribean anx start liveing my life instead of working threw it ....I solved alot of wild issues with my one time boat restore project and i mean all of it.....from fiber glass to hunting down a dot electrical contrator and convoensing him to sell.me an aluminum light pole...yes my mast is a light pole to a custom cat rig boom , .....i dont know hoe o did it but here she isClick image for larger version

Name:	1410384984651.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	88032

Sent from my HTC first using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
whitedolphin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 14:39   #21

Boat: custom freedom 42

Another one of white dolphin2

Sent from my HTC first using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1410385162744.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	88033  
whitedolphin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:00   #22

Boat: Island Packet 35

I would take a stab as something built by IONA. It has a couple signature traits of both Iona and Islander at the time. There are not a lot of specimens of anything coming out of that factory and most everything they built was off of molds from other companies that went under before them.

Everyone was trying to get in on the success of the market Frank Butler discovered with the Catalina 22 so there are a number of ~20' 70's short-run production boats and molds passed around the West Coast.
tdoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:19   #23
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: What model of boat is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRDR View Post
[ATTACH]Attachment 86901[/ATTACH]
I think part of the challenge of any restoration project is picking the right object for the restoration.

Obviously, the worse looking object (at start) will lead to more admirable remarks from people who see a big improvement in the finished project.

Given that you picked that boat (which looks horrible in current condition) I see nowhere but "improvement" ahead for the project.

Good luck.
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:40   #24

Boat: Island Packet 35

My take on that is I would rather keep all these old pocket trailer sailers around than scrap them. They are dreams that someone picks up and works on and some come back to life. The ones that don't are sitting in yards and fields and storage areas like this.

The other side are the people who purchase the $100 dreams from Marina's or organizations like Boat Angels, then anchor them and they eventually become derilect - that makes the days much longer for the rest of us trying to find a place to anchor while cruising since there is either derilict boats we have to worry about anchoring close to, or a closed ancorage because of derilict boats forced them to pass ordinances.

So, more power to the poster and I am glad he choose this dream to start with and not one anchored out. It does not take long to realize whether it is 16' or 160' they all require time and money.
tdoster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
model