Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-06-2018, 08:11   #1

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124
Re: Repairing Caframo Sirocco fans

Yes, inside all caframo fans is a foam spacer that separates the body of the fan from the dc motor. I’ve noticed that this foam can wiggle out of the way or simply disintegrate over time. If you just get some thin foam insulation/gasket tape and put a couple of small pieces where they should be between the fan and the motor, it fixes the problem. The screws to get inside are located under hidden ports you need to pry out. I don’t have any pics because we got rid of those fans because they kept dying early. Went with the cageless caframos and won’t look back.
zboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 10:11   #2

Boat: 2000 Jeanneau, 45.2
Re: Repairing Caframo Sirocco fans

I owned circa 2010 a 12V Sirocco (3 axis adjustable) fan and it did not last 2 years (in the Great Lakes with an usage season of only five months) . I contacted Camframo and well, to put it mildly, was told "tough luck". I do have several Camframo Chinook 120V fans which are ok after 5 years. I recently purchased a Sirocco II, allegedly an improved design. Haven't even opened the box so I can't comment on the apparent quality. However, while the box is prominently labelled "Made in Canada*", the asterisk relates to fine print elsewhere on the box "Assembled in Canada from domestic and imported parts". So really ... not made in Canada ... eh?
Jeanneau 45.2 is offline   Reply With Quote