Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2023, 10:38   #121

Re: DIY MMSI (re)programming

Hello,

I am looking for the instructions on changing the MMSI # on a Standard Horizon GX5500S. Does anyone have those so I can avoid shipping the unit off to California?

Thanks, Nate
NateR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 06:55   #122

Boat: Sea Ray Sundancer 300DA

The GX5500S are an older "Class D" radio. I have two, love them because they are the last with a full numeric keypad, no touch stuff, full featured, remote stations etc.

The down side is the can not be self reset, have to have the correct software and the USB/Serial/RamMic cable adapter.

I have the software, and the cable set, I reset mine myself.

Where are you located?
Check with SH and see if there is a authorized center nearer you.

I can send the cable and software or you could send me the radio if nearby.
I'm in South Carolina

Pat H
hughespat57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 05:03   #123

Boat: Elan Impression 434

Got it from another forum and it worked. It sends a very simple command to the AIS that you can also send with the ProAIS2 in the "serial data" tab. It took me 10 seconds to make it happen.

gmendes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2023, 18:48   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughespat57 View Post
The GX5500S are an older "Class D" radio. I have two, love them because they are the last with a full numeric keypad, no touch stuff, full featured, remote stations etc.

The down side is the can not be self reset, have to have the correct software and the USB/Serial/RamMic cable adapter.

I have the software, and the cable set, I reset mine myself.

Where are you located?
Check with SH and see if there is a authorized center nearer you.

I can send the cable and software or you could send me the radio if nearby.
I'm in South Carolina

Pat H
@hughespat57 Pat, thank you but won't be down your way for a few months. May reach out when I am near you.
NateR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2023, 01:14   #125

Anyone here any info on resetting Humminbird TX AIS transceiver (or any Humminbird product)? The user manual instructs to contact their support, but they just answer that it is impossible. I find that rather incredible, seeing how they instruct to contact them, there must be a way that they are not sharing for whatever reason.
EZ Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 04:18   #126

Okay so after scouring the internet for a solution and using a serial monitor to try and blackbox my Humminbird, I finally contacted Em-track support.

I informed them of my situation with my unit and that I was pretty sure it is internally the same unit as one of their product lines, and they were kind enough to send me a configuration file free of charge, which fixed the issue.

While doing so I used a serial monitor again to see what I could learn.

This should apply to all newer AIS Class B transceivers which use ProAIS2 to configure them. Only caveat is, I am afraid the commands contain a specific password making them work only on my unit. If someone could test that on their unit, we can confirm this.

The command which deletes the current MMSI is the following (please note that the checksum after the "*" should be recalculated whenever you change a part of the command, check out this website to do so):

Code:
$PSMT,0,3,0x2C75B2FA,1,nvdeli "mmsi",XXX*77
The XXX is part is just a sequence number to couple back the response to the original request. The 0x2C75B2FA is what I am afraid is gonna be some kind of unit specific key.

The command to reset the MMSI then:

Code:
$PSMT,0,3,0x2C75B2FA,1,nvseti "mmsi"^2C MMSINOXXX^2C 0^2C 1^2C 3,XXX*7A
Here MMSINOXXX is the 9-digit MMSI number you want to enter and the XXX is again a sequence number.

If someone could try this out and report back we could really help a lot of people out or at the very least, confirm that they will have to contact support for their unit to have them provide a configuration file.
EZ Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2023, 11:34   #127

Boat: Cascade 42

Standard Horizon allows you to reset the MMSI on units newer than 2017. You will have to generate a request code from the VHF, and send the Model #, SN, current mmsi, and name to standard horizon. They send you a reset code a few days later so you can reprogram your own unit, GX2000 in my case.
pdx_sailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2023, 12:15   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Breezy View Post
If someone could test that on their unit, we can confirm this.

The command which deletes the current MMSI is the following (please note that the checksum after the "*" should be recalculated whenever you change a part of the command, check out this website to do so):

Code:
$PSMT,0,3,0x2C75B2FA,1,nvdeli "mmsi",XXX*77
The XXX is part is just a sequence number to couple back the response to the original request. The 0x2C75B2FA is what I am afraid is gonna be some kind of unit specific key.

The command to reset the MMSI then:

Code:
$PSMT,0,3,0x2C75B2FA,1,nvseti "mmsi"^2C MMSINOXXX^2C 0^2C 1^2C 3,XXX*7A
Here MMSINOXXX is the 9-digit MMSI number you want to enter and the XXX is again a sequence number.

If someone could try this out and report back we could really help a lot of people out or at the very least, confirm that they will have to contact support for their unit to have them provide a configuration file.

Hi!
I got a pretty modern-ish Nauticast B2 where I could try the procedure.
What serial monitor did you use and what does the sequence number mean for the command I'm sending? Can I just leave that blank or do I have to calculate anything?

Cheers, Will
freaky930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2023, 08:16   #129

I've found out that the "$psmt" sentence belongs to devices with the SRT chipset, whereas the "$pstt" sentence belongs to the Saab R5 chipsets They won't be compatible with the other.
freaky930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2023, 05:08   #130

Boat: Shuttleworth Advantage

Don't know if this is help to anyone. Refers to A150 I think.

• Format an SD-Card (capacity smaller or equal to 2 GB) with FAT32.
  • Create a text-file in the root directory with the file name
    MMSIReset.txt
  • Put the string Y91%p7kQ@21#aV in the text file and save it.
  • Open the back of the transponder, put the SD card in.
  • Switch the transponder on.
  • Enable logging in the menu.
  • Follow the instructions to reset the transponder
Tupaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 06:08   #131

Boat: Leopard 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by evm1024 View Post
Came across one more for the Camino 108 AIS. Never tried it myself.

To reinitialize the MSMS No for Camino 108, follow the steps below:
1. Execute the “AIS class B Configuration Utility” and connect it to your class B transponders.
Click continuously on the “MMSI” for at least 3 seconds
2. A pop-up window will appear. Input the activation code 2367 in the red marked area and
then press “Active”.
3. The MMSI No is reset and now you can configure the new MMSI No. After entering the new
MMSI, click on “Config Device” to save the new setting.

The same also works for the B&G/Simrad NAIS-500 AIS transceiver using their "NAIS System Configurator" software. The problem is the activation code is unique based on the current MMSI programmed. However, there are not too many 4 digit numbers to try programmatically and it seems a software package on github (Camino) has figured out how to reset the MMSI: https://github.com/enzyx/camino/blob...no_api.py#L109

The code is a little old and needs some changes to work with Python3, but those with Linux and some programming knowledge can probably try running the programmer.py from the same repository and see how it goes for them.
cannedcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2023, 03:02   #132

Boat: Jeanneau 45DS

Can someone help me with the method or proAIS2 commands to reset MMSI on Si - Tex Metadata Class B AIS Transceiver? Thanks in advance
Rromcic20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2023, 11:10   #133

I would like to know as well regarding the Sitex Class B. Tried terminal emulation software, ProAIS2 with the nmea strings. No such luck. Kind of foolish not being able change them. There is alot of turnover of vessels and hardware. If you can program it initially, you should be able to change it. Just my 2 cents.
caoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 22:21   #134

Re: DIY MMSI (re)programming -Digital Yacht AIT2000

Looking how to clear/reset MMSI on Digital Yacht AIT2000 transceiver. I can connect and edit everything except MMSI.. Thanks
bobcatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 05:21   #135

Boat: Vagabond 31

Dear brothers in arms, I stuck with reprogramming pretty old True Heading CTRX. Wolud you suggest ideas why Windows 10 corresponding USB driver doesn`t recognize AIS device? Driver appears to be exremely old (y2006) but there are no updates available for it.
As a result virtual COM port doesn`t appear in the proAIS2 dropbox and no connection whatsoever. How to proceed to get connected?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ais usb unknown 1.PNG
Views:	16
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	287425   Click image for larger version

Name:	ais usb unknown 2.PNG
Views:	15
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	287426  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ais usb unknown 3.PNG