Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2018, 06:41   #1

B&G Ram T2 Autopilot control arm

Has anyone fitted one of these to their boat?
If so could someone please explain what the mpm coil is for, how it works and how to wire it in to the NAC-3.
If you have pictures that would be great.
B&G support hasn’t been much help.

Thank you
Hoverjocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 08:18   #2

Re: B&G Ram T2 Autopilot control arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverjocki View Post
Has anyone fitted one of these to their boat?
If so could someone please explain what the mpm coil is for, how it works and how to wire it in to the NAC-3.
If you have pictures that would be great.
B&G support hasn’t been much help.

Thank you
Hoverjocki,

Normally when somebody posts a question like yours, I roll my eyes, and think, "Read the f---ing manual!"

In your case, I have looked at the manual... it is an absolutely worthless piece of crap. A pretty enough publication, but without any real useful information for the installer. (But you already knew that!) Obviously the quality of their technical writers continues to plummet.

The coil actuates the valve that engages the hydraulic ram. It is wired to the output most likely labeled "Clutch" on the AP computer. Polarity does not matter.

P.S., For future reference, in my experience, the support staff at Navico is very spotty. Some seem to have been hired off the street and given a script, others have known the products cold. When ever you have a problem, it is worth a second or third call.
billknny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 08:58   #3

Re: B&G Ram T2 Autopilot control arm

Thanks for the reply. Yes I looked all over before I post online. What gets me is that piece can be removed and I’m not technically savvy when it comes to this stuff but willing to find out and learn.
Might have to look for an installer in my area and see if I can get some sort of visual that will click in my head.
Hoverjocki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopilot